ROTA WHEELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I will be getting some one day. No matter what wheels you have theres allways a chance somthings going to happen. (Especially on the roads near moi) hehe Buckled or cracked there still un-useable, so i know which ones prefer to replace. ;) But everyone has a good point here. Same with everything, there are pro's and con's for almost everything in life. :xyes:

mike.williams

Advanced Member
this is an example why i dont like rotas,

i was enquiring about an evo 9 at the japanese auctions it had a lot of HKS parts and a set of 18x9.5 volk TE37 wheels. i sent the picture to my mate and he said " nice that, are they ROTA's i can see on there?"

you can imagine my reply!!!

if rota made there own designs then fair enough. it also makes buying 2nd hands parts tough as you have to question authenticity

hondazzz

Advanced Member
i agree on the authenticity and things like that and i agree that styles and parts shouldnt be copied BUT copying a shape has nothing to do with the QUALITY of it as a part

i hope i made sense and i will make it more straight forward.. anyone saw one cracking/collapsing in any way?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
hondazzz said:
i agree on the authenticity and things like that and i agree that styles and parts shouldnt be copied BUT copying a shape has nothing to do with the QUALITY of it as a part

i hope i made sense and i will make it more straight forward.. anyone saw one cracking/collapsing in any way?
It makes perfect sense mate.

For a perfect example of same designs across 'premium' brands:

BBS Wheels:

Work Wheels:

There are LOADS more of examples like this.
Work S1 3P vs SSR SP1
Nismo LMGT4 VS Enkei EV5 etc.....

Lol, says it all....

But I doubt anyone would question the quality of those two makes because of how much they cost.
I do agree on the whole that Rota copy most other brand designs, but again, copies are totally different to forgeries.

It's just RotaPhobia for some and buying them a fear of being stereotyped.

Are Rota as strong as other premium cast alloys? Probably, they have to meet (or exceed) the same standards.
Are Cast alloys stronger than Forged? No.
Will anyone really be able to notice the difference until they crash? No.

I'm proud of my Work's but I'm just as proud of my cheaper wheels. Both track proven.
I am more than pleased to have the choice for my budget. It's choice that makes us unique.

But again, avoid forgeries at all costs, lol. And if you are breaking Rota or any other brand of wheels on the road, you seriously need some driving lessons, more track time and not just a stronger wheel.

redcap

Advanced Member
hondazzz said:
so we have the people that have tried the ROTAs and are happy.

and the rest..
I'm the exception to your rule....

They are good cheap wheels....

I wouldn't buy a set again....

I'm wheelist I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.