RSX Type S

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Fare enough, good list of wanted spec I'll give you that! Mileage again I don't think should be that concerning however I appreciate for your budget its worth while trying to get a low one, and I get that you want the best car possible but I think many would agree with me if I said that in order to have that you have to / are better off buying one that doesn't tick all the boxes and ticking those boxes yourself, ie respray to remove all stone chips, replacing rear gasket and other perishables, this way you know you've got the best,

I suppose I'm saying is it worth saving a bit of money and using that to gurantee yourself the best by making it the best?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
Do Japan not grit their roads as I've seen imported cars with snow tyres?

nails

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Fair enough. I presume you would view a UK car if the advert was to your spec?
Yes I would.

TonksyDC5 said:
Maybe worth dropping Darren4 a message. I believe his might be up for sale in the next month. Good example as well!

He has a thread in the gallery somewhere.

If your heart is set on an import then don't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I will take a look at his build thread at some point to see if it is one I would be tempted by.

nails

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Fare enough, good list of wanted spec I'll give you that! Mileage again I don't think should be that concerning however I appreciate for your budget its worth while trying to get a low one, and I get that you want the best car possible but I think many would agree with me if I said that in order to have that you have to / are better off buying one that doesn't tick all the boxes and ticking those boxes yourself, ie respray to remove all stone chips, replacing rear gasket and other perishables, this way you know you've got the best,

I suppose I'm saying is it worth saving a bit of money and using that to gurantee yourself the best by making it the best?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Of course I will have to spend money on it as it goes, but I want a good solid base, with no rust and in the right spec. That's why I am willing to pay the money for a fresh import.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
If torque gt have said its a Type r then im sure it will be..any engine bay shots, spec etc, side shots to see if brembos are on it blah blah...

Its probably just had a change of badges for some strange reason. If they are selling cars that arnt what they say you can refuse it , but I'm sure they aren't going to do that.

Any issues give them a call Mate, they are helpful :)

spooke

Advanced Member
It will be a Type R if they say it is. The Japanese are very into USDM styling right now so I'm not surprised if someone badged it up as an Acura to be "scene"... :D

nails

Advanced Member
Also guys, if you look at the picture I posted on page 1 of this thread you will see the rear bumper protrudes from the car. Torque gt say they may be able to improve this but can't gaurantee it. That is another thing that is putting me off.

Jimmer said:
If torque gt have said its a Type r then im sure it will be..any engine bay shots, spec etc, side shots to see if brembos are on it blah blah...
Its probably just had a change of badges for some strange reason. If they are selling cars that arnt what they say you can refuse it , but I'm sure they aren't going to do that.
Any issues give them a call Mate, they are helpful :)
Thanks James. I have spoken to them today, they already said it is fine me rejecting the car, they will sell it to someone else and they will find me another one.

nails

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Maybe worth dropping Darren4 a message. I believe his might be up for sale in the next month. Good example as well!
He has a thread in the gallery somewhere.
If your heart is set on an import then don't worry.
I have messaged Darren. I started reading his build thread and saw he lives in the same town as me which would be handy! :)

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
nails said:
No I don't like the mods on that one
Cost of putting back to standard vs cost of importing, this is what I'm trying to say, would still be cheaper!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I think my car is a prime example of a similar story, I could have gone fresh import but instead chose the best car I could find at the time for the right money (taking into account the changes required to put it right). If you see my build thread then you will see how it was when I got it to how it looks now, I love looking back seeing the changes I made to the car to date throughout my ownership as it show's my hard work and dedication and part of the fun is personalising it. Buying one with parts you don't want also can open up additional funds for the bits you want, especially if your going form modded after market parts to stock (eg the wheels).

Fresh imports are good (sometimes) as are uk found cars, all depends on the owner and their ways of keeping a car right etc, mine is 10 time the car it was when I brought it, I didn't even want to buy it but done so with the plans of bringing it back to life and now it looks amazing (imo) of course and I can't wait for tgm to get their hands on it in 2 weeks time when they have it for a month to rectify the paint blemishes that annoy me...

Good luck with whatever car you buy but see my build thread page 1 and the latest for images of a transformed car and you may like the idea of the small changes required, Wings wise I do like the wings on the car Chris linked too

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
You're welcome to come and take a look at mine if you want a closer look at a DC5, so you have something to compare other UK cars against.

Darren (PFL), Alex (FL) and myself (PFL) are all pretty close by if you need a hand. Not that I'm volunteering their services ha ha.

nails

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
You're welcome to come and take a look at mine if you want a closer look at a DC5, so you have something to compare other UK cars against.

Darren (PFL), Alex (FL) and myself (PFL) are all pretty close by if you need a hand. Not that I'm volunteering their services ha ha.

carl hammond said:
Mines also available for a look around if local at all
Thanks guys, friendly place this :xyes:

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks guys, friendly place this :xyes:
Quite a small community due to the cars nature and how rare they are (being that no UK version was available) so 90% chance the cars on here and that are sold here are of a very high standard and normally even if tracked maintained to a high standard and have been brought into the UK by reputable businesses like Torque GT

I have had to consider mine recently due to a few personal things and had to consider selling it, but putting it off as much as I can as I have done a lot to it and transformed it over the past 7 months...

Your find a good one and many will help as best they can when they can