Ruined cars

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
I do really rate them. I'm surprised more people don't run them because when the car is set up right the handling is beautiful.
I took the car to Wales recently and on the roads there I really couldn't fault them. The issue I have with them is all the country roads around where I live are really bumpy and poorly surfaced and that's where I feel a standard set up might be a bit more compliant.

I think what I've learnt is not to buy a car with any modifications so you can get it exactly how you want it, and when you do modify do one at a time. The only actual complaint I have with the car is the rubbing and that should be an easy enough fix.

Marc, if you do end up selling could I buy your exhaust? I can't get over how much better yours sounded when I was following you.

I've stuck a picture on.... Doesn't take a genius to work out why I have rubbing issues eh?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
BAD3GG said:
Yours sounded fairly savage when i was following you in Wales to be fair! Wouldn't say it sounded bad necessarily though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cheers lads!

The Fujitsubo is a great system really. It's quiet when needed but when you floor it sounds lovely with a nice deep tone, plus they're lightweight and excellent for flow. Mine made a hell of a lot more power once the RM01A was on and it was remapped. Carl Hammond recommended it and he did a lot of research into exhausts and 2.5" over 3" etc.

Tom - the exhaust won't be for sale I'm afraid pal! It'll be coming on the car but if you contact Torque GT, they should have some in stock. They really are a quality system and JASMA certifed too. Mine was delivered in a few days and fits perfectly with zero issues,

Also re your suspension, I thought both yours and Ollie's handled expectionally well on those drives. It was evident you could push far harder than I could, probably because you're both better drivers as well I reckon but your setups seemed spot on over what are very tricky roads to drive.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Ahh shame.
Yeah the plan is to go get one but if I could grab one second hand I would prefer to do that and save some money.

Don't fancy going for the N1 system though Hannah might disagree there after being in Dan's car.

The handling in mine is spot on, just the rubbing I have an issue with. If we manage to meet up again before you get rid of yours youre welcome to have a go in it and see what you think. Probably be a lot of work reverting yours back to standard bushes etc if you did like it though.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Ahhhh sorry man. :(

If I was breaking it I'd give you first dibs but I don't have the knowledge or facility to break it sadly. Worth keeping an eye out and see if any pop up, have you checked the Facebook owners page?

Yes the Spoon N1 is loud anyway but on Dan's it's amplified lol. They sound great at high revs though!

I think we'll manage to get another meet/drive in before the sh*te weather comes in, would be good to get another blast again hopefully before I sell the car. If not I'll bring the new motor whatever it may be.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Fair enough mate. I'll just keep an eye out on here.

Nope I'm one of those odd few who doesn't have Facebook.

Totally agreed, it sounded amazing and that'll be the plan for mine 10 years down the line but in the mean time need something semi sensible.

Well anytime before November I'm up for it. Might struggle after with the whole baby thing but would still love to go for another drive.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'll keep an eye out on FB for you mate.

Yes will be difficult for you after then Tom, we'll try and get a drive in though before then if we can.

Mike9000

Advanced Member
I once debadged a Ford Orion and cleaned off the residue with kitchen towel, completely dulling the paint in the process

My recent mods have been goodridge hoses, front and read camber set up and Mugen front and rear braces. I already had braided lines fitted so no difference there and for road use the braces are useless bling things. But they look sweet so whatever and the car drives great, no issues

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I'm definitely going to be upgrading to braided lines, better fluid and upgraded pads over winter.

Once you've cooked the breaks a couple of times the novelty wears off.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
I'm definitely going to be upgrading to braided lines, better fluid and upgraded pads over winter.

Once you've cooked the breaks a couple of times the novelty wears off.
Haha you're not wrong.

Speak to Tom at TGM as they do their own in-house developed braided lines in conjunction with Mocal I believe, I have them on mine and had them on my previous one and they're excellent and the quality is really well made - very heavy duty.

In terms of pads, Pagid RS29 are the ones to go for supposedly. I had Hawk HP+ which I bought from Cambridge Motorsport and they were fantastic but they absoloutely cake your wheels in brake dust and squeal badly but to me it's worth it for the stopping power. I'd defintely get them again over the PBS but they're not cheap, cost me around £250 at the time and that's just the fronts.

Not sure how much they'd cost now.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Only thing with Cambridge is that you'd need to call them and do it over the phone as they don't list the pads for the DC5 online. I gave them my chassis number and they found them whilst over the phone.

Zero brake fade from the Hawks Tom and I pushed them hard from day one, admittedly I didn't do a trackday in my old one but drove the car hard all of the time and once they had heat in them they were amazing and pretty good from cold too if truth be told.

Pagis RS29 are a step up again I believe from the Hawk HP+. You also have Carbon Lorraine RC5 which are also supposed to be very good.

http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/

Mike9000

Advanced Member
I think I have Endless pads, should have asked the garage to check, but they‘re the same blue and came on the car when imported along with new discs. I‘m really light on brakes most of the time, so standard would probably be fine for me...

TomNorris

Advanced Member
To be honest I don't know what's currently on mine. I'd assume it'll be either the standard set up or whatever was cheapest to put on when the chap in Japan decided to get rid of it. The pads have loads of life left on them so will be a shame to chuck them out, it's just the thing that is currently holding the car back when being driven hard.

No doubt this will be the start of a long and costly journey..... Anti roll bars will be next after the brakes I imagine as the back end can get a bit lively at times.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
To be honest I don't know what's currently on mine. I'd assume it'll be either the standard set up or whatever was cheapest to put on when the chap in Japan decided to get rid of it. The pads have loads of life left on them so will be a shame to chuck them out, it's just the thing that is currently holding the car back when being driven hard.

No doubt this will be the start of a long and costly journey..... Anti roll bars will be next after the brakes I imagine as the back end can get a bit lively at times.

From what people have said, anti roll bars can make the handling worse. Not sure the logic behind it but seems to be the case.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Let's be honest, it's one of those things that could just as easily be fixed by changing the tyres or suspension set up and realistically 99.9% of the time I wouldn't even notice.

On the other hand though they do look good.....

Fez

Advanced Member
What ruined my last civic for me was a plated lsd, as i drove the car daily, it was the worst thing ever.

On the dc5, for road driving.. 255tyres with low offset front wheels i find has made it pretty poop. Same goes for coilovers, if it was 100% road car, i‘d go back to springs/shocks and 225 tyres.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
The thing I'm struggling with at the moment is tyre choice.

I seem to be the only person running 18"s so the usual 070s ad08s etc are out of the window.

That or change the wheels, something which is actually looking like the more tempting option.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Sorry mate, feel like I'm the only one responding on this thread hahaha!

If I had 18's I'd go for Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Lots of people running high powered cars, Megan RS's, M135's, Golf R's all seem to be running these tyres and they're getting great reviews.

Hope that helps!