Selling??

Jonny8375

The 51-reg that sold for £6000 has 90000 miles is that correct. Personally I would never buy an Integra with such high mileage considering it has a fairly stressed engine (220 BHP out of a 2L) and most will have been driven hard because they are so much fun when you do. How many miles do you thank a DC5 engine will do before you start having trouble.

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Jonny8375 said:
The 51-reg that sold for £6000 has 90000 miles is that correct. Personally I would never buy an Integra with such high mileage considering it has a fairly stressed engine (220 BHP out of a 2L) and most will have been driven hard because they are so much fun when you do. How many miles do you thank a DC5 engine will do before you start having trouble.
I'm nearly at 120k and still going strong. :D

Paul Type R

My that was one cheap DC5, cheapest i've heard anyway. Didn't realise they were clocking such big milages as well. 90k...120k I thought mine was going towards high at 45k.

tedg

Advanced Member
Rash said:
yes - DC5 lol: its advertised here under Privatecars for sale for £7700 - Owner had LOTs of timewasters and new car already so wanted to sell...
sounds about right

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Jonny8375 said:
Don't be stupid, it's a Honda engine. Other parts of the car will give up long before the engine as long as it is serviced and looked after.

MrHanky

Advanced Member
Totally agree. If you look at the likes of the B16A engines in the old Civics / CRX's, you will find quite a lot well over the 100k mark, and even a few over the 200k. You would probably see more around, if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of CRX's and Civics suffered from rust back then.
I had a MKII CRX for 3.5 years that never let me down. It had over 100k on the engine once I sold.

Mark

MilanoChris said:
Jonny8375 said:
Don't be stupid, it's a Honda engine. Other parts of the car will give up long before the engine as long as it is serviced and looked after.

Rash

I'd much rather a DC5 done 90k with a FULLY DOCUMENTED SERVICE HISTORY than one done 50k and no service history...!! As mentioned the engines if maintained properly are bullet proof..!!

Rash.
p.s. know of a guy who bought a facelift 05 done 30k in black for £10k just before xmas.... Now that WAS a bargain IMO

Jonny8375

I think with a lot of people mileage is a big factor with these cars, as the low mileage examples carry a large premium so clearly they’re the ones in demand.

Metalhead

Looks like the DC5 isn't taking the % hit many other sports cars are at the moment. Check out S2KI - there are guys on there that paid 10k for a low-mileage 2002 car 10 months ago and they're currently getting offers of 6-7k for them. If you're in the market for an S2K there's some real bargains out there!!! :shock: