Shampoo

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I may have missed it but astonishingly there doesn't appear to be a thread about shampoo?

Like all other detailing products everyone will have their favourites so care to share what your choice is?

I've just switched to this:

From this:

First impressions are I prefer the new stuff. The added wax is nice to have for those rushed washes and it seems to make the mitt pass over the panels with more lubrication.

The only down side I can see so far would be if you were washing prior to doing other stages of paint treatment you may not want wax on the panels as you want to be removing this layer prior to adding other products. For 95% of the time though this seems the better shampoo of the two.

What's everyone else using?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
That stuff smells lush! Ive just finished using it, and topped it up with a layer of naviwax for tomorrow ;) but yeah im happy with it. I suppose if you wanted to do the full work's it would be snowfoam or something maybe? Im not sure. But hey car still looks great either way haha

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I'm using exactly the same stuff, been through a fair few bottles of the stuff in my ownership of the teg, and completely agree with everything you just said. When I need to do a bit of paint correction or polishing I just go over the paint with some surface prep spray and a microfibre.

Also the fact that it has wax in it means if you want to do a bit of clay barring you can just use the 2 bucket technique and give it a quick once over with a bar after a second pass of clean shampoo, then a quick rinse and its like glass again, no messing with quick detailer required ;)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
I'm using exactly the same stuff, been through a fair few bottles of the stuff in my ownership of the teg, and completely agree with everything you just said. When I need to do a bit of paint correction or polishing I just go over the paint with some surface prep spray and a microfibre.

Also the fact that it has wax in it means if you want to do a bit of clay barring you can just use the 2 bucket technique and give it a quick once over with a bar after a second pass of clean shampoo, then a quick rinse and its like glass again, no messing with quick detailer required ;)
Thats a good point, I use alittle in a spray bottle with water as lube for claying.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Using Dodo Juice Born to be Mild at the moment but don't think I'll be trying something different next.

scrawnban

I use the Autoglym bodywork shampoo bodywork conditioner..find it excellent and really strips all the muck off so you can give her a decent wax or polish

Dan34

Advanced Member

This. Last for ages as you can use a small amount, cleans well and can be used as snowfoam as well.

dotty

Advanced Member
Variety is the spice of life

I tried this out on my bonnet earlier :

It's quite good :)

This is the foam I use :

Chewy

Advanced Member
I'll be honest, I've tried a few little tester bottles of Autobrites shampoos such as;

Purple velvet high gloss shampoo
Nano shampoo
Luxury Suds shampoo and wax

And I've previously used the Meguairs NXT, and the likes...

As much as these are good if you're doing just a quick wash just to get the muck off, I don't find it's worth it in my honest opinion.

For me the absolute basic wash consists of, Snow foam pre-wash and 2 bucket method with a 'fancy' shampoo, but 9 out of 10 times I'll wax the car afterwards so I don't see the point in using 'expensive' shampoos.

Now If I'm washing the car and throwing on a layer of Naviwax afterwards I just have a 25L drum of Turtle wax: wash 'N' wax which I can pick up from costco for £16 and because I have so much, I just dump enough in the bucket to just about cover the base and job done...already been snow foamed and enough shampoo in the bucket to make the water soapy. :xgrin:

Brophy

Advanced Member
I've personally used..

Autoglym shampoo (years ago)
Meg's NXT - did quite like it
Autofinesse - lather V1 - wasn't that great
Angelwax - shampoo - great shampoo
Gyeon - Bathe+ - this is my current favourite after trying a sample

Really nice to work with, slick and doesn't dry out too quickly.

@Dotty - how do you find DJ snowfoam ? Pretty expensive is it not lol?

My current favourites are BH Autofoam £20 for 5 litres

Or

Carchem snowfoam - about same for 5 litres.

dotty

Advanced Member
It's a nice thick foam, I've only used autobrite foam in the past but the ifoam comes out much thicker :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Explains what mate its good stuff
I was just abusing you in jest mate but in all honesty I didn't think you were serious about actually using washing up liquid on your car? So you weren't joking then?

Rom

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Explains what mate its good stuff
It is if you want to strip all protection off, which ive used it for before :)

I use Zaino shampoo. While im not unhappy, ill probably try something new next time, just for the sake of it.