Shampoo

RobS

Advanced Member
I'm a bortn to be mild man at the moment, but after experimenting with Gyeon WetCoat I really want to try some Bathe+ as well :)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Meguiars gold class wash and wax for me (orange stuff) It's very good and leaves the car with minimal streaks and water spots (if you use the 'sheeting' method to rinse off)

I used to use Turtle wax but was told that it stripped my AutoGlym SRP so stopped using it and went to the AutoGlym wash. But found I had to use a lot of it to get any real suds.

The Meguiars stuff is really good for a quick wash and you just have to use the water magnet to dry, no detailer required! 👍

wj51fut

Advanced Member
And this is my Christmas shopping list!!

Auto Finesse

•Citrus power
•Oblitarate
•Iron out
•Imperial
•Crystal

Meguiars

•Winter paint kit
•Water magnet
•Lambs wool mitt

Auto Glym

•Interior shampoo

Race Glaze

•Alcantara cleaner
•AluBright deoxidiser

Mark_teg

Staff member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
And this is my Christmas shopping list!!
Auto Finesse
•Citrus power
•Oblitarate
•Iron out
•Imperial
•Crystal
Meguiars
•Winter paint kit
•Water magnet
•Lambs wool mitt
Auto Glym
•Interior shampoo
Race Glaze
•Alcantara cleaner
•AluBright deoxidiser
Father Christmas says you've been a naughty boy this year :p

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
davidpingu said:
I may have missed it but astonishingly there doesn't appear to be a thread about shampoo?

Like all other detailing products everyone will have their favourites so care to share what your choice is?

I've just switched to this:

From this:

First impressions are I prefer the new stuff. The added wax is nice to have for those rushed washes and it seems to make the mitt pass over the panels with more lubrication.

The only down side I can see so far would be if you were washing prior to doing other stages of paint treatment you may not want wax on the panels as you want to be removing this layer prior to adding other products. For 95% of the time though this seems the better shampoo of the two.

What's everyone else using?
Yep use the same myself,it`s really good for an inbetween wash(between waxes!)and really keeps up a good shine xthumbup

Rob R

Advanced Member
Chemical Guys citrus wash and gloss.

Megs water magnets are shockingly bad

OliverV

Rob R said:
Chemical Guys citrus wash and gloss.

Megs water magnets are shockingly bad
meguiars water magnet goes bad if it is washed to a certain ammount of times in a bad water.. i dont know how it is in english but you know.. you must use water softeners or something like that before the water goes into the washing machine.
overall the water magnet is pretty good! i took a new one, once i saw that the old one is a bit too "not so soft" anymore :D

but on the shampoo topic,
i use also the

but i have thought on getting something from the Meguiars Detailer series, from the proffessional stuff.. has anyone tryed some shampoo from there?

Rom

Advanced Member
For drying I've got a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth, a Purple Monster Towel, and another big yellow one I forget the name off. But it's different density one side than the other.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I know what you mean about the water magnet. It does need a softener added but then it won't be as absorbent. I might get a new one or try something different.

Rom

Advanced Member
They will all do the job. Most work best when damp, rather than dry.

One isn't enough usually, so I rotate mine as I buy them. Currently Chemical Guys one is glass, sills, splitters. Purple Monster is paint, other one is wheels, shuts etc.

I forget the gsm count of them, but it's quite high.

I use my hands to wipe off what I can, also feeling for imperfections as I go. Then towel.
If you want to be super anal, pat dry not wipe.
Or get a leaf blower.

FireDance

Advanced Member
I am using Meg's Ultimate but want to try Autofinesse when this bottle has gone

As for drying I am now using the Autoglym drying weave as I have found that really good. Previuosly used the Sonus der wunder & last lasted for ages, well worth the money

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Well it's nearly a week on since its first wash with the new shampoo. We've had horrible weather and it's without a doubt stayed much cleaner and shinier than it ever has before. Perhaps the heavy rain has kept the dust and grit down so I'll give it a little longer but it doesn't normally still look clean after a week!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hello!

Went to wash the car and have realised I'm all out of car wash, arghhhhh!!!

I've been using this stuff for literally the last year and it's pretty good but want to try something else for a change.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/cleaning-body-repair/shampoo-polish-wax/simoniz-protection-car-wash-shampoo-5-litre

What is the Autoglym foam wash like which you can get from Halfords, any good? If so I can pick some up on the weekend.

Ideally I don't want to be ordering off the internet as it means I won't get anything delivered till next week however I've seen this stuff which looks good. Anyone used it?

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-super-slick-and-suds-shampoo-cat3.html

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
Been using chemical guys citrus wash and gloss for about 4 years now
Cheers Rob.

Good stuff aye? I do have some chemical guys citrus cleaner which I've been using on my engine bay but this stuff seems to foam up better.

How much do you need when you wash as the bottle doesn't look very large?