Show me your Bonnet Struts / Lifters

Rom

Advanced Member
Ok, so those of you who have seen my car lately. Know that I need to sort my bonnet lifter situation.

With my rbc, the standard prop is no good. The retaining clip wont fit.

I did look at buying some nrg lifters, but after seeing them fitted, saw they raise the bonnet slightly along the wing edge, towards the middle.

So I'd like to see / hear who has what. That gives no raise. Maybe it's a fitting issue or something. I just know I couldn't live with it.
The bonnet should sit no higher than the wing when closed.

So let's see em!

mikegsi

Staff member
I'm interested too, but for my EP3 after fitting an RRC I've took the lifter off and its in the boot!

Mark_teg

Staff member
I had some eBay ones on mine too, though it was some years ago I bought them! Require some assistance to lift, but held fine unless the wind was strong!
Mine raised the bonnet slightly. It's due to the cylinder body being slightly larger than the gap between the wing and the bonnet when it's closed. So the slimmer the strut/damper the less it would raise the bonnet.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have some of the eBay ones for sale. Only been on the car about 3 weeks. Bought Birdy's old NRG ones.

PM me if you want them

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
I had some eBay ones on mine too, though it was some years ago I bought them! Require some assistance to lift, but held fine unless the wind was strong!
Mine raised the bonnet slightly. It's due to the cylinder body being slightly larger than the gap between the wing and the bonnet when it's closed. So the slimmer the strut/damper the less it would raise the bonnet.
Still doing a good job, but as Mark said it lifts the bonnet slightly

I'll try and get a pic later as I need to go to the garage

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
i had cheap ebay ones for a while, needless to say they were cheap and didn't last long, i have NRG now and regardless of what people say the do not change the height of my bonnet..still flush with the wing! mine are same as dave7368's

dave7368 said:
My NRG ones, shiny shiny and make no difference to the height of the bonnet..

almost missed your lifters, OMFG size of that turbo!! :xaiweb6: :xaiweb6: :xaiweb6:

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Dave, bonnet and mirrors please. thanks :xgrin:

i need to get some bonnet lifters, will probably just stump up for the NRG ones now if they fit better

wj51fut

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
Dave, bonnet and mirrors please. thanks :xgrin:

i need to get some bonnet lifters, will probably just stump up for the NRG ones now if they fit better
I will be fitting my NRG ones at the weekend so will let you know Mike. 👍

Rom

Advanced Member
Yours looked better than expected Adam, better than I've seen nrg ones look.

What you after for them. I may use them as an experiment, and replace with nrg ones of they are Ok.

Getting mildly fed up of my foam wrapped standard prop...

donzooo

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Yours looked better than expected Adam, better than I've seen nrg ones look.

What you after for them. I may use them as an experiment, and replace with nrg ones of they are Ok.

Getting mildly fed up of my foam wrapped standard prop...
Get in line, haha

miki1212

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
My NRG ones, shiny shiny and make no difference to the height of the bonnet..

these are what im after, look so tidy there, but i thought that the shiney stainless finish ones are full pressure for oem steel bonnet?? anyone confirm this?

miki1212

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I thought carbon was am option for high and low pressure?
err? dont know now lol, i always thought the stainless was full pressure and carbon was low pressure...?