Show me your Bonnet Struts / Lifters

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Think your right mate with regards to the pressure,.... But this is Dave though we are talking about...so nothing is as it seems. Haha ill say no more.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Better late than never, but as Mark said eBay ones. The drivers side bonnet lifts up a bit more than the passenger side for whatever reason, which I've tried to show and also the pink is a standard wrapping paper roll to show you height of opening.

They do the job for me, but not going to lie it does catch my eye the gap even though I'm aware of it

Pics ...

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Wow I have four people in line for these now!

Will let peeps know what's happening

👍

Rom

Advanced Member
So when its closed Patch, whats the bonnet look like then, from a side on angle.
As thats what gets me. I could care less how far it opens, if they need help to open etc. 99.99% of the time my bonnet is closed. Thats when they need to look good. Ive seen some look better than others, yet to see any which make no change.

Adams were better than others id seen.

Adam how long do they take to fit ? Im guessing not long. I could always test them, seeing as im local ;) Then thats 1 buyer potentially out

p1tse

Advanced Member
I thought I took the picture and put it up

Will get some photos up later
As said more noticeable on driver side for whatever reason

wj51fut

Advanced Member
They will be coming off Sunday/Monday. You are more than welcome to pop around and take a proper look.

I think Donald has bagged these! 😁

5 min fit with two people. 👍

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I need a new set of these. I had Password Jdm ones but i let too much air out of them when i fitted my carbon bonnet years ago been using them since, getting fed up of it now.

miki1212

Advanced Member
my NRG struts arrived yesterday, fitted this morning in about 10 minutes, really simple, and no change to the bonnet height!

Rom

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
my NRG struts arrived yesterday, fitted this morning in about 10 minutes, really simple, and no change to the bonnet height!
Pictures please

dave7368

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
exactly this, now unless i'm being really stupid about this i don't see how they can change the height of the bonnet, because you're not moving the adjustment on the hinge, or where is closes on the slam panel. so unless the damper is being pinched between the bonnet and wing and then bending the hinge as you close it, or bending the bonnet edge up, i imagine you would have to be some sort of retard to actually do this without realizing there is a problem....??

Rom

Advanced Member
You would think...

But pictures show them changing after fitment. And owners concur

dave7368

Advanced Member
Rom said:
You would think...

But pictures show them changing after fitment. And owners concur
well, please do explain how then Mr Rom hehe... ;)

maybe their bonnets didn't fit right pre dampers....??

only one bolt is taken out of the hinge, so it's not going to move, and if people have loosened both bolts that would only effect the panel gap adjustment, not the height....
:xconfused:

Rom

Advanced Member
I would guess its pushing the bonnet up ? Where the strut body sits ?
But i dont have any, so its only a guess.

kazmo

Advanced Member
i dont get this either, like dave said to push the bonnet up surely it has to bend the hinge in which case you would have to really force the bonnet down to do that, which i m sure you would stop before that happened lol..

taking 1 hinge bolt out and putting it back in aint going to raise the bonnet 4 or 5mm.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Dave, as you mentioned the body of the strut pinches between the underside of the bonnet and top of the wing, pushing the bonnet up.

Rom

Advanced Member
It's the center, between hinge and catch. If that makes sense.
Not the hinge end that sticks up.

That's all it can be, the body fouling the wing / bonnet.

Clearly some do it, some don't, I'd bet a lot don't even notice.
There should be no difference in height between the wing and bonnet, for the entire length of the wing / bonnet panel gap.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have had both and the NRG ones did make the bonnet go up slightly. I think it's the pressure of the stanchion pushing the hinge or something. The brackets are shockingly crap so I'm getting my mechanic to make up some new ones using both of the bolts in the bonnet to make it more sturdy. Should sort this then.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Yeah I bagged these from Gok.

Fitment was ridiculously easy. Don't really appear to lift the bonnet up much. Still looks like standard.

The dampers could give a tiny bit more lift opening the bonnet if I'm being picky but I like them, makes my usual oil checks and servicing much easier from a practical point of view.