Simply Japanese 2018

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
danr19 said:
There is a hand car wash in Ashurst just down the road. They may let you use their water etc....
Thanks mate, I've kindly received an offer from a fellow forum member to use their water but thank you anyway!

DPettyDC51992

Booked my ticket and will be attending :)

danr19 said:
Bring both :wink:

Right, so far we have the following people confirmed (ie. with tickets booked):

1. Crazylegs
2. DrewieJDC5
3. dave7368
4. MatthewDC5
5. danr19
6. Phil r type

Still plenty of space people - get your tickets booked :)

danr19

Advanced Member
Up to 8 confirmed now....

1. Crazylegs
2. DrewieJDC5
3. dave7368
4. MatthewDC5
5. danr19
6. Phil r type

7. Ryanj1993
8. DPettyDC51992

danr19

Advanced Member
1. Crazylegs
2. DrewieJDC5
3. dave7368
4. MatthewDC5
5. danr19 (?)
6. Phil r type

7. Ryanj1993
8. DPettyDC51992
9. Teggy_dan

In preparation for Sunday here is a link to a flyer sent to me from the organisers for you to print and put in your windscreen....(so the stewards know where to send you)

https://flic.kr/p/KJJhkn

The main gate opens at 8am. If you'd like to meet up beforehand I'd suggest meeting at the Royal Oak pub (same as last year for any that came) and heading to the secondary entrance just down from the pub shortly after 9. It will avoid a lot of queuing and save a lot of time getting in. They haven't said what time this entrance opens but 9 (which is when it opened last year) is a safe bet I think. 8 may be a little early for some anyway.....

You can just arrive when you fancy though if preferred (well, before 3pm that is).

Royal Oak Pub address is: Hill Top Nursery, Beaulieu Rd, Hill Top, Brockenhurst SO42 7YR

On another note I don't think I'll be coming this year unfortunately. My car is making unpleasant whizzing / whining noises - something to do with the power steering I think. Hopefully it's a simple fix but I don't see me having time to get it sorted beforehand. I don't really want to drive it for fear of making it worse - certainly not amongst other cherished cars.

Anyway....if I don't see you, have fun!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey Dan!

Thanks for the info that is very good of you. Surely you can still come mate?

FWIW my old blue one used do a similar noise, Stevie at Grinspeed says it's a bearing that goes inside the unit but it has no effect on the car and will probably outlast the vehicle so I genuinely wouldn't worry about it.

Up to you of course, would be a real shame if you missed it because of this.

danr19

Advanced Member
Cheers, that's good to know. I've read about failing o-rings on the inlet and outlet pipes - but that seems to cause sound on startup. This starts once the car has warmed up and seems to be related to revs too....more revs makes it sound worse. Belt seems to slip a bit on lock as well. Tom at TGM thinks power steering or alternator. Just need to get it there so they can hear it properly.

It may be a seal somewhere. I had a look today and it looked as if air might be getting in to the power steering fluid reservoir. Not certain yet though.

Anyway...that all belongs on another part of the forum.

Big_phil

Should hopefully get my car back from TGM this Saturday, if available can i park with you guys on the stand? Will just pay on the gate, but would be nice to meet some people from here!

danr19

Advanced Member
Big_phil said:
Should hopefully get my car back from TGM this Saturday, if available can i park with you guys on the stand? Will just pay on the gate, but would be nice to meet some people from here!
Yep, sure xthumbsup

Lewisdc5

Hi guys, I‘ll be attending simply jap. Only brought my Teg in February be nice to meet you guys. If you have room on the stand it‘ll be nice to join in :)

danr19

Advanced Member
Lewisdc5 said:
Hi guys, I‘ll be attending simply jap. Only brought my Teg in February be nice to meet you guys. If you have room on the stand it‘ll be nice to join in :)
Yes, sure :) more the merrier.

The organisers said it's fine to add more cars

danr19

Advanced Member
Lewisdc5 said:
How about 8:30 - 8:45 at the Royal Oak Pub (address post 47).

We can then head down to the nearby entrance for just after 9am - unless of course people would like to go earlier?

If you would like to go earlier the main gate does open at 8am.

For those coming from Lyndhurst I will post up a route from there to the Royal Oak Pub avoiding Beaulieu / the main entrance (or else you may get stuck in a queue of traffic)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
danr19 said:
How about 8:30 - 8:45 at the Royal Oak Pub (address post 47).

We can then head down to the nearby entrance for just after 9am - unless of course people would like to go earlier?

If you would like to go earlier the main gate does open at 8am.

For those coming from Lyndhurst I will post up a route from there to the Royal Oak Pub avoiding Beaulieu / the main entrance (or else you may get stuck in a queue of traffic)
Thanks Dan, yes the GF and I will be coming from Lyndhurst so an alternative route please would be great. Many thanks, Marc.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi all, we won't be able to meet you at the meeting point as the earliest the B&B can serve breakfast is 8.15 and we're in Lyndhurst so we probably won't arrive at the venue until after 9.
Do you think it will be ok for us to roll up and join you on the club stand if it's after 9am? We have a stand pass and ticket in the car.

Many thanks

Marc