• RRC

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • SKUNK2

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Bonson said:
I just ordered a RBC intake manifold yesterday and i was told if i install it without mapping it would run very lean and cause damage when hitting vtec? Think i should wait until i get Kpro and than put it on. Mean while i will take the manifold to a local engineering work shop and get it ported.
Vindots said:
I dont think that will happen.. it would probably run a bit lean, but not tooo lean..
Not trying to thread hi-jack but in my search for info on running the RBC inlet on an unmapped car this thread seems to be going that way.....
Basically my DC5 has an RBC inlet manifold fitted from its days of running Kpro with a previous owner (no longer fitted) and I'm just wondering if it is going to cause any issues now it's still fitted on essentially a standard car?

Hope someone can answer this, I've searched and searched but this is the only bit of info I can find relating to unmapped cars and the RBC.

Thanks Ems x

Mark_teg

Staff member
Ems, if the rest is standard you'll be fine.
If you plan on fitting other breathing mods I think that would take it beyond the threshold..

HTH

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Ems, if the rest is standard you'll be fine.If you plan on fitting other breathing mods I think that would take it beyond the threshold..HTH
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the fast reply. So would fitting a cone filter induction kit upset it over the standard Airbox do you think, I've fitted one a week ago and it's been a bit 'umpty' ever since, I'm going to put it back to the standard Airbox this weekend to compare.

Ems

integraleo

Advanced Member
Do an ecu reset first and give it some welly first to see if that solves it.
I ran mine with rbc,exhaust and injen induction for months before getting it tuned with no issues. Had a friend check afr with wideband and no issues.
Even romain at eurospec said it was safe before he tuned it.