Slating Champ white

conoroneill

Advanced Member
I've noticed a few snidey remarks in relation to championship white in this forum. What's the deal? People refering to it as magnolia and even brown!

I have mixed it in DeBeer basecoat in my motor factor and it is made up of roughly 98% straight white tinter 1% of off yellow and 1% black. This is no different to any similar modern white shades from other manufacturers.

If you actually painted a DC5 in a really straight white like the kind that were rife in the mid 80's like Ford's 'Diamond white' it would be appallingly bland and flat to look at - trust me.

Championship white is a classy colour and it is the flagship Jap Honda colour for a reason.

G4Z

Im sure people are only joking when they say that. Its a lovely colour and does give it a classy look as you said 8)

matt b

Advanced Member
Its all tounge in cheek mate and just general forum banter.........

Not many people know but Evs's car is actually champ white but he never cleans it so it looks black :wink: :lol:

Project

Advanced Member
Its all fun mate, but i must say when it was tipping it down with snow it made my car look cream, nothing close to white, i had a laugh myself :D

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Lighten up conor. Its called personal tastes. C'mon, who really cares if some members dont like CW.
Do you get sleepless nights thinkin bout it? :lol:

Suped

Advanced Member
There's really no point being all serious and protective about a colour of the teg. So long as you like it and suits you, then life's GREAT!!!

We all take p1ssh on here so you might aswell join in... fun and games mate. :lol:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
Lighten up conor. Its called personal tastes. C'mon, who really cares if some members dont like CW.
Do you get sleepless nights thinkin bout it? :lol:
:shock: I'm lit up chap!

I just found the comments about the shade interesting. This is a DC5 discussion forum isn't it?

Anyway - the pigmentation (or the lack thereof) of the white yields 2-3BHP over all the other colours anyway... :p

matt b

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
Anyway - the pigmentation (or the lack thereof) of the white yields 2-3BHP over all the other colours anyway... :p
Thats if fella get in with it 8)

Between me and you we both know that CW is best anyway :lol:

kingston

Advanced Member
exactly, all those taking the :roll: out of 'white' are just jealous really as we all brought by far inferior and livelier colours

ajenkins

Advanced Member
Ive had two Nighthawk black cars now and both have been shocking at keeping clean, and it shows up every imperfection, but i do love Black, i now like the look of the blue DC5 with graphite grey alloys, each to their own, where would the world be without opinions.

Evs

Advanced Member
xrofl

Thanks for that James - got any pics of beige hearing aids to share with us? :wink:

Blimey this forum is providing some excellent entertainment tonight! :lol: 8)