Slating Champ white

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Lads, lads, lads. It's people like you who rebel against a car company's flagship colour and instigate catatstrophies like this:

Evs

Advanced Member
Yellow and red are both much nicer than hearing aid beige... :idea: :roll:

Duncs

i think in my Sig that white is my colour,
some cars look good in white, and some look great, the DC5 is the greatest in white, any other colour is just not white, sorry right :wink:

Evs

Advanced Member
Colour temperature on a bright sunny day makes everything look bluer than it really is... :idea:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Me thinks we should have a team fight to find the best colour. Last team standing win :D

Victory beer for team CW me thinks :)

Cheers
Wardy

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Colour temperature on a bright sunny day makes everything look bluer than it really is... :idea:
Here's mine on a pig of a day. -1 Deg (C). Check out the fog in the background. Hardly magnolia!!! My garage is though! :D

Oh and before you say it - yes, I know it needs lowered...!

Evs

Advanced Member
OMG it's an ugly facelift one as well as being 'whoyte with a hint of shoy...'

Ten points :xpimpdaddy:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Evs said:
OMG it's an ugly facelift one as well as being 'whoyte with a hint of shoy...'

Ten points :xpimpdaddy:
Ha ha! The sound of a man on the ropes who after being dealt a flurry of jarring, irrefutable replies - scrapes his barrel for witty comebacks only to find none and resorts to insulting the fact that I have a newer, sharper looking DC5 that:

A) doesn't have headlights that look like a 5 year old girl crying

and

B) doesn't have a grill that looks like it was stolen from a diesel accord parked in an asda carpark!

:lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
Irrefutable replies - where? :xhuh:

I see you've picked a facelift dark brown Accord to make your point - how ironic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post all the colour balanced pics you like lads. Pure white is an orphan colour anyway, and CW is not even white :idea:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Irrefutable replies - where? :xhuh:
Hmmm... Let me see. You first said that CW was similar to hearing aid beige, which I pictorially disproved then you said that this evidence was only apparent due to the fact that the proof picture was set in ideal weather conditions to which I (to your disgust) produced my sub zero, drizzly, foggy picture of my car. :lol:
Colour balanced? I don't think so. Photoshop was never smelt.

DING DING! And the winner by knockout is... CW!!!!

I love winding Evs up.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
White is the colour of death and mourning in Japan...

Red is fastest as it has the least pigment in it, so I am told. That was my reasoning when I had Milano DC2s anyway! Black is indeed an arse to keep clean, but by far the sexiest colour. Although I would have a white RX-7 over a black one - but then the commonality of those is the reverse of DC5s.

Those facelift Hondas really are minging aren't they? \:D/ (whistle smiley not working... :( )

Evs

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
I love winding Evs up.
How do you know how that feels? You haven't managed it yet. Who started this thread, and why...? :idea: :lol:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Evs said:
conoroneill said:
I love winding Evs up.
How do you know how that feels? You haven't managed it yet. Who started this thread, and why...? :idea: :lol:
He he he! I started the thread. Why? Because this is a DC5 discussion forum and I felt that I should address some of the comments that, as a whole, bring into question Honda's core aesthetic Type-R ethos.

Wardy7 said:
Out of the CW ones, the pre-facelift is better than the facelift though :)

Cheers
Wardy
Hmmm, na. I was stood in front of both and it took me 30 seconds to decide, even though I had to pay an extra £2000. You have to see one in the flesh.

kingston

Advanced Member
hes a CTR dissident, burn him, burn him, how dare he come on here and upset the conservative bunch.... :lol:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
:lol: Did this really need to be made a sticky? lol.

Conor: you do get sleepless nights over this. :lol: Not only is this thread pointless but now you have started to attack pre-face-lift owners on their choice of style. I could say you chose a softer version of the DC5-R(oohh, opens a can of worms :wink: ).

Anyways, CW is not a pure white. I would say the Grand Prix White is more whiter.