Smoke on VTEC

corbie

Advanced Member
it does have a electronic limiter which cuts the fuel but this only works when you are accelerating. By mis-shifting you are forcing the engine to spin at higher rate due to the gearing difference and there is nothing the ECU can do about this.

dan the man

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
A friend of mine got 2nd instead of 4th from 5th gear in his EP3 and the rev needle went all the way round past 9 to about 15k RPM!!!

Had it checked out and all was good, but not reccomended!!
lad, 15k :roll:

how the hell u can tell when CTR has only 9k on the dial is anyones guess!

I once shifted early in the DC2 and the needle hit 10k 8) But i knew she could handle it.. good ol B18 :eek:

corbie

Advanced Member
dan the man said:

The ECU logs the highest it has ever reved so that Honda can get out of warranty claims on engines that go bang. So you could get the info from there.

Glitch

Advanced Member
Couldnt this smoke also be caused by too much fuel going in when the VTEC comes in? I know mine heavily over fuels when on VTEC. When i got it dyno'd TDi said they wouldnt put that much fuel in a 600bhp skyline! Its ok thow as im booking it in for K-pro at the weekend.

DC5TU

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
DC5TU said:
A friend of mine got 2nd instead of 4th from 5th gear in his EP3 and the rev needle went all the way round past 9 to about 15k RPM!!!

Had it checked out and all was good, but not reccomended!!

I once shifted early in the DC2 and the needle hit 10k 8) But i knew she could handle it.. good ol B18 :eek:
Guesstimate matey, you should know all about those in your trade!!
It went WAY WAY past 9kRpm anyway!