Solid Fabrications custom header.

haitch

Advanced Member
For those who may fancy a custom header to your own requirements. Here is mine, remap coming later this week, thought I might have had a placebo effect but there is a noticeable improvement over the DC Sports unit I changed it for.

sinbad

Advanced Member
Alans work is really good and his cs skills are a match too. Just a tad pricey but your paying for qaulity.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
mines in there now, having a 4-2 made up and also a back box with a flippable switch on the j's racing 70 rr.

will be sticking on the dyno to see what power i lose or mayb gain.

haitch

Advanced Member
Ah the 70rr I missed at the SRR 8)

Collector is 2.5" as is the custom exhaust by Solid Fab.

stux

Advanced Member
sinbad said:
Alans work is really good and his cs skills are a match too. Just a tad pricey but your paying for qaulity.
I agree. :xyes:

He made a Fujitsubo copy for my H22 once :

:wink:

ab20000

Advanced Member
parksy340 said:
the welds dont look too clever was it purged when welding it ?
I have seen Alan's work up close and the welds are very good in my view (and of those that have seen it) - don't think it's good form to comment on the back of Chris' fairly poor photos to be honest. :xtsk:

kazmo

Advanced Member
ab20000 said:
parksy340 said:
I have seen Alan's work up close and the welds are very good in my view (and of those that have seen it) - don't think it's good form to comment on the back of Chris' fairly poor photos to be honest. :xtsk:
I'm a professional welder and just because a weld looks pretty on the surface doesn't automatically mean it has structural strength

sinbad

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
I'm a professional welder and just because a weld looks pretty on the surface doesn't automatically mean it has structural strength

so... how do you judge a weld from a picture?

ab20000

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
ab20000 said:
parksy340 said:
Hang about - the original comment was that the welds 'don't look too clever' - are you now saying they do look good?

I am saying it is unfair to comment either way from a few photos - I have seen Alan's work up close (I have used him for my own car) and am very impressed as are the others that I know that own Solid Fab work.

haitch

Advanced Member
Yes humble apologies, some were taken on my phone, the others with a good camera but my skills do not match it :oops: :lol:

Hi guys,

All welds were fully back purged and they look better than in real life than in the pics. :lol:

All manifolds and anything I make comes with a lifetime guarantee. I have yet to repair any manifolds after 4 years of making them.

I put a lot of effort into making my pieces as I know what it's like to on the other side of it.

Stoo

Whining.....
solid-fabrications said:
Hi guys,

All welds were fully back purged and they look better than in real life than in the pics. :lol:

All manifolds and anything I make comes with a lifetime guarantee. I have yet to repair any manifolds after 4 years of making them.

I put a lot of effort into making my pieces as I know what it's like to on the other side of it.
Work looks good :)

Congrats by the way, You are our 10,000th member :D

parksy340

Advanced Member
I have seen Alan's work up close and the welds are very good in my view (and of those that have seen it) - don't think it's good form to comment on the back of Chris' fairly poor photos to be honest. :xtsk:[/quote]

I'm a professional welder and just because a weld looks pretty on the surface doesn't automatically mean it has structural strength[/quote]

Hang about - the original comment was that the welds 'don't look too clever' - are you now saying they do look good?

I am saying it is unfair to comment either way from a few photos - I have seen Alan's work up close (I have used him for my own car) and am very impressed as are the others that I know that own Solid Fab work.[/quote]

im also a proffesional welder with all of my codings and a would be paid off if i put out welds like that. apart from that it is looking good :D

dc5ian

Advanced Member
here is the pic of my back-box and valve - im very happy with, sounds fantastic..