Soon to be a DC5 owner if all goes well

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
That was imported by Andy at bhp imports last year or the year before? There is a for sale add for in on here actually. (Or should still be)

There is a dink in the rear arch which I remember and those aftermarket rear lights / black grill area that gave it away. The arch lip on the rear looks to have had some sort of work done? Doesn't look untouched. :/ could be a good thing, but could also be a risk...these cars "can" rust inside outward so it could be covering something untidy or it could be nothing to worry about. Would definitely have to check if you view. Ill see if i can find the original pictures.

Midnight

Advanced Member
I'm sure that's been for sale for some time. Around November time if I'm not mistaken.

The MOT shopping list put me off, however each to there own.

p1tse

Advanced Member
krisfx said:
I'm sort of agreeing now, I think DC5s are being sold by dreamers in a lot of cases, but I think people always will overvalue their pride and joy!

I've just seen another on 70k at 6500 ONO (so could lowball 6) with a brand new clutch and a full g/box rebuild, but sounds like it's had a hard life! Someone just asked 8k for one with similar miles and cond.

Is this car known on here?
Just did a free reg check
Says registered 2010 but has only had one mot showing ?

krisfx

Yeah the red wheels aren't my thing either really, again I could lowball an offer to account for it I suppose! Also it's suspicious that it's passed every MOT with no failures at 100k haha

I didn't even realise the lights were aftermarket, I imagine it's probably not easy to get an oem set though it does look like someone's managed to fix the fitment issue.

He's already accepted an offer down at 6500, potentially even lower as I think he just needs it gone but we'll see. It's a big trip for nothing if it's excremente.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mines ticked over 100k and I've let the car and previous owner down as it too had no advisories until my ownership when it had kid seats fitted, brake pads thin, which I knew about and nail in tyre which I wasn't aware of. All of which I rectified for next one and had updated arbs and bushes etc.

Wheels can be redone for £200 so wouldn't put me off if factored in. Always easier to negotiate in person than just low balling someone straight off though.

krisfx

Patch_teg said:
Mines ticked over 100k and I've let the car and previous owner down as it too had no advisories until my ownership when it had kid seats fitted, brake pads thin, which I knew about and nail in tyre which I wasn't aware of. All of which I rectified for next one and had updated arbs and bushes etc.

Wheels can be redone for £200 so wouldn't put me off if factored in. Always easier to negotiate in person than just low balling someone straight off though.
Yeah that's true, ahaha yeah I know, I'm pretty weak in person like!

krisfx

If I went to view the one in Devon is anyone nearby to help a brother out? Maybe at the weekend?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
To be fair most cars that are over 10 years old and 60k miles won't have bushes in the best condition.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Have you seen the silver one on gumtree with blue wheels
Again the wheels aren't to my taste but looks clean

krisfx

Patch_teg said:
Have you seen the silver one on gumtree with blue wheels
Again the wheels aren't to my taste but looks clean
I have yeah, it's awful. The interior is all dipped, the seats are fucked and he's asking way too much. I'm heading up to Scotland to check out the first one I looked at with the new Synchros as I have already pre negotiated a belting price to cover wheels and other things