speaker size???

Evs

Advanced Member
5.25" as standard I think, but you can get up to 6.5" in the front with a bit of MDF or larger adapters (Vectra ones IIRC).

hon88

Evs said:
5.25" as standard I think, but you can get up to 6.5" in the front with a bit of MDF or larger adapters (Vectra ones IIRC).
Is this for the front and back??
Thanks

Evs

Advanced Member
Yes, sorry, I meant standard size is 5.25" front and rear.

Fitting larger ones in the rear in the standard slots might be tricky due to the way they are mounted, but in the front there's a plastic adapter that fits to the inner door skin behind the door card, so you can change that for something that allows a larger speaker.

hon88

Evs said:
Yes, sorry, I meant standard size is 5.25" front and rear.

Fitting larger ones in the rear in the standard slots might be tricky due to the way they are mounted, but in the front there's a plastic adapter that fits to the inner door skin behind the door card, so you can change that for something that allows a larger speaker.
thanks for the advice mate.

Tim J

Advanced Member
I'm looking to upgrade my puny rear speakers so took one down to the local car audio place and he measured a clear 6" (or 15cm to you youngsters out there) size speaker should go straight in, however, not many companies sell this size.

The mounting depth is approx 6.5cm

The speakers I've been recommended are Ground Zero ( German co ) - reviews anyone ?

Cheers

Tim J

qamvti

Advanced Member
hon88 said:
Do anyone know the speaker size for the dc5 front and back??
Hi
I have got 17cm pioneer in my fronts with no problem will get some pictures up.

Go some time to get the picture up no cutting or modding went straight in.

Tim J

Advanced Member
I can confirm that Infinity 16cm speakers fit in the back no problem 8)

Paul Type R

Does anyone know what the max mounting depth front and rear are. Any actual recomendations for speakers as well.

Tim J

Advanced Member
Mounting depth for the rear is 6.5cm - any more than that and you'll risk touching the quarter panel.

Here's a narrow selection of 16cm speakers that I found for the rears;

Infinity 6022i
Infinity 627i
JBL GTO638
JBL GTO627
Kicker KS60
Kenwood KFC 1690

As for recommendations, It's a personal preference really and how big your pockets are.
I've heard really good things about Rainbow speakers but I wasn't prepared to spend that much.

HTH

Cheers

Tim J

Guga

qamvti said:
hon88 said:
Do anyone know the speaker size for the dc5 front and back??
I am wanting to find some focals for the front but having a nightmare knowing what size to get so I dont have to make any complicated mods. and can stick the panel back on.

Thanks,
G

Evs

Advanced Member
I had Focal 165K3Ps in mine - tweeters fit nicely in the OEM locations with just a small amount of trimming, and the mids go in the doors OK. The magnets are quite big but I don't think I had to cut the inner door skin, just made a spacer out of MDF.

hussain124

Advanced Member
Tim J said:
Mounting depth for the rear is 6.5cm - any more than that and you'll risk touching the quarter panel.

Infinity 6022i
Infinity 627i
JBL GTO638
JBL GTO627
Kicker KS60
Kenwood KFC 1690

As for recommendations, It's a personal preference really and how big your pockets are.
I've heard really good things about Rainbow speakers but I wasn't prepared to spend that much.

HTH

Cheers

Tim J

hi mate i haver just bought these Infinity 6022i speakers, but thet dont fit in mine :? you had to make any modifications ?
cheers

Tim J

Advanced Member
Hi Hussain,

sorry, about to reply to pm but thought it best to post here....

No I didn't make any mods to the speakers to make them fit but have you got the Honda adaptors fitted?

I'll take a closer look though

Cheers

Tim J

hussain124

Advanced Member
Tim J said:
Hi Hussain,

sorry, about to reply to pm but thought it best to post here....

No I didn't make any mods to the speakers to make them fit but have you got the Honda adaptors fitted?

I'll take a closer look though

Cheers

Tim J
thanks for the reply

yes i do have honda adapters fitted, assume all dc5's come with the same adapters?
did you have to take the whole panel off? or just the speaker cover in order to fit the speakers?

Tim J

Advanced Member
hussain124 said:
thanks for the reply

yes i do have honda adapters fitted, assume all dc5's come with the same adapters?
did you have to take the whole panel off? or just the speaker cover in order to fit the speakers?
Just remove the speaker cover, unscrew the adaptors and whip them out and then screw in the new ones where the adaptors were

IIRC - the adaptors are for fitting 5¼" speakers into the 16cm gap and are a rounded triangular shape.

HTH

Tim

hussain124

Advanced Member
Tim J said:
hussain124 said:
thanks for the reply

Just remove the speaker cover, unscrew the adaptors and whip them out and then screw in the new ones where the adaptors were

IIRC - the adaptors are for fitting 5¼" speakers into the 16cm gap and are a rounded triangular shape.

HTH

Tim

i must be doing be doing some thing wrong then, i will take pictures tomorrow to show what the problem is

the_italian

Advanced Member
Tim J said:

Infinity 6022i
Infinity 627i
JBL GTO638
JBL GTO627
Kicker KS60
Kenwood KFC 1690

HTH

Cheers

Tim J
the only one of those speakers thats actually 16cm is the GTO 627's as far as i can make out

the rest are all 6.5" or more, which is 16.5cm minimum, and i might be wrong but i don't think they fit, im sure 16cm is the largest size that you can fit in the rear

can someone tell me whether this is the case or not cos this is the second set of speakers iv bought that don't fit and its doing my head in. i have no adapters fitted to the rear, i just want a set that work!

cheers