Spec for mapping - Sard sports cat or not?

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Thinking about the SARD myself. My MOT failed because it didn't have a cat. I'm going to try a different MOT centre and make sure it's fully warmed up and see if it helps with emissions and hope they turn a blind eye to the missing cat.
If it fails again I think I might just sell my Tegiwa Man and go with the stock 4-2 with a SARD cat. Not sure how much difference it will make because the Mani barely made a difference at the top end anyway. It did make decent gain around midrange. Not sure it's worth the hassle changing it each year though. Not sure if the new MOT rules make it tougher but this is my first MOT without a cat.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Had mine in for test a short while back and it passed emissions easy with the SARD cat fitted, didn‘t even have to warm the cat up as you generally do with sports cats. No advisories whatsoever too which is a sigh of relief 🙂

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mine failed with the decat and I'm in the above boat, if it's going to be a pain to change every year then I may just keep an OEM manifold on as I don't think it makes that much of a difference to the power imo.