Spoiler from FD2 civic

Frazdog

Advanced Member
Whats your thoughts on the spoiler on the FD2 JDM civic? i quite like it!! does any1 know if it would fit the DC5? or any1 know of a similar 1 to buy?

Attachments

tara

Advanced Member
I think it suits the FD2 because its along the lines of the EVO and Subaru look but i think it would look odd on the DC5 IMO that is :wink:

JT3173

Advanced Member
I think it would look 8) on a DC5!

If I was you Frazdog I would enquire at Dicksons :wink: and ask them if you could drop by and view it, take yourself a tape measure and just do a quick check and feed them some excuse as to why you are doing it.
Then you know, then you could be the first to do this :!: :D

JDC5

Charged DC5
why don't you just spray the standard DC5 spoiler the same way it is on the FD2.. alot easier..

hmmm... just given myself an idea.. lol

JD

dotty

Advanced Member
It is not carbon, It would be ripping off Mitsi if Honda did that :lol:

JT3173

Advanced Member
Oh, well it should be, it would look good!

A second idea is to buy a carbon DC5 one from the US off ebay and then get the sides sprayed white, now that would look good IMO!

Then you would not be rippin off Mitsi! :D

Frazdog

Advanced Member
I might just go do that!! :wink:
(If I was you Frazdog I would enquire at Dicksons and ask them if you could drop by and view it, take yourself a tape measure and just do a quick check and feed them some excuse as to why you are doing it.)
Does 200bhp cars not have 1 on the way?
Thats where i got my dc5 so im sure andy would be more than willing to help?? Hint hint Andy!!!!

Subtle but effective change to make my dc5 different!!!

Carbon fibre would be good!!! Is it easy enough to spray Carbon F?

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Im certain the spoiler WONT fit a DC5, even if the distances are the same, the mountimng angle is very different, it just wouldnt look right on our cars.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ahhh but it does fit with photoshop 8) :lol:

If you can get a chance at measuring it, I WOULD! it looks better than the standard one!

impne

Advanced Member
Andy has his in this country, it's getting a model report I think.

Never posted a pic on here before so here goes.

impne

Advanced Member
Photo is Andy's that he took outside his unit.

It's from the Traders section under fd2.

I think he was going to see if it would fit the DC5 and let us know.

j9jrx

Advanced Member
If the FD2 was at andy's place i would have asked him to put it on mine (my mugen spoiler has to come off for sva) but the fd2 is still down at milbrook, maybe if i get bored one day i will persuade andy to do a swap :wink:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
That picture shows exactly what i mean about the mounting angle, FD2 boot slopes, DC5 one doesnt, the spoiler wont sit right on our cars IMO...