Sporty headlight washers! Optional extra!!!!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Stupid rule. What difference does it make? If anything considering the brightness surely they'd rather the lenses be dirty to take the edge off!

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Haha i know man! If anything surely non xenon headlights should have them not xenons? Hahaha pathtic wee country

Todd_77

Advanced Member
I'll have to take a video of mine. If you pull the lever fully in it just squirts straight and misses the light completely lol.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I actually think your DC5 is weeping.... lol.

It's not that bad, get them coded up will be fine :)

Todd_77

Advanced Member
Yeah it did. Mine was just Tee'd off the windscreen washer and stuck about the headlight. You had to "Blip" the lever to get it to dribble down the headlight. If the lever is held in it squirts straight and misses the light by about a metre lol. Iv just blocked the pipe off with a cable tie and hid it back under the bonnet for next year.

jambo

Advanced Member
Why you have too do this. The mot law for headlamp washers with bi-xenon is from a particular year. Dc5 are too old for this and should be exempt from it.

dotty

Advanced Member
jambo said:
Why you have too do this. The mot law for headlamp washers with bi-xenon is from a particular year. Dc5 are too old for this and should be exempt from it.
Exactly.

No need.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Incorrect.

Northern Ireland MOT's are different from Mainland. First people to start this crap.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
The N. I. mot is different to ours, they also have to display the certificate on the windscreen same as our tax disc.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Yeah it did. Mine was just Tee'd off the windscreen washer and stuck about the headlight. You had to "Blip" the lever to get it to dribble down the headlight. If the lever is held in it squirts straight and misses the light by about a metre lol. Iv just blocked the pipe off with a cable tie and hid it back under the bonnet for next year.
See I've routed mine up from the bottom grill in the bumper so have had to stick the tubing onto the bumper with tape... Hoping they don't say anything

Todd_77

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:
See I've routed mine up from the bottom grill in the bumper so have had to stick the tubing onto the bumper with tape... Hoping they don't say anything
I saw a S2k doing it that way and it passed fine so you should be ok. All the best.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Yeah well ive booked to restest for wednesday so if they have a problem now they can go shove their headlight washer up their a***! :)

Brecht

Advanced Member
In Belgium it's the same though , with xenon you need headlight washers.
No way around it, just took mine of and using regular lights now :(

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Brecht said:
In Belgium it's the same though , with xenon you need headlight washers.
No way around it, just took mine of and using regular lights now :(
Have they given you a reason?

Brecht

Advanced Member
i needed headlight washers , but he wasn't certain if would need self adjusting headlights too.. which is a must from a certain year , can't remember what year really.
mot in my country is just rediculous *sigh*

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Shocking that alrite! Cause its a SPORTS car it doesnt need headlight alighment as its hardened suspension meaning it wont shift around when people are in the back seat!

Still needs headlight washers though! Fingers crossed it passes on Wednesday night!