StopTech brake discs for DC5

JT3173

Advanced Member
Done a search for you Daniel but I cannot find anything, I know there are kits on Vtec direct but for the EK9, AP1 and EP3 and Stop Tech has various disc sizes on their site.

If I fininsh work early I will give them a call for you but it may worth speaking to Paul G or Dixon as OEM discs are not fab for blasting round the ring as you probably know.

And I wont forget to bring my OEM ones for you............ :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
paul g's are proven on here with nothing but extremely positive feedback, no upgrades needed to calipers, though while your on you may as well do braided hoses and uprated fluid to make the most of them.

JT3173

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
paul g's are proven on here with nothing but extremely positive feedback, no upgrades needed to calipers, though while your on you may as well do braided hoses and uprated fluid to make the most of them.
Yeh, they are very good and have many followers on here!

I tell you what Dan, we can get side by side into a corner on the Ring next weekend and we can see who can brake the latest and still go round it alive, I think I will win thanks to Paul G, my DC5's diet, my BC dampers and of course a wee bit of skill :wink:

Joking aside mate, the Paul G's are very good, I will take you for a lap and you can see what you think to them, they come on very strong with the Mintex 1144 combo and are fade free all the way, I may even try the Mintex F4's, if they can retain the heat they should be very good indeed!

mikegsi

Staff member
i borrowed a set of touring car pads off paul at a trackday, mental braking onced warmed up, and the discs loved it!

JT3173

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
i borrowed a set of touring car pads off paul at a trackday, mental braking onced warmed up, and the discs loved it!
I think the F4 pads should be ok on the Ring, I managed to get my wheels so hot the first time round the Ring in the DC5 that the centre caps fell out whilst cooling, well, I was my first track outing in the car :wink:

What do you think, ok for the Ring or for a shorter circut?

Dan, will try to get on the fax machine tomorrow to send the settings for you, its been a busy and bad day for me away from the office.

Will also try to call Stop Tech for you.

LeeH

Advanced Member
I have the dixcels slotted all round and they are quite unbelievable tbh. 8)

A few folks have commented on them.

Save your cash and just upgrde to Pauls or the Dixcels. :idea:

Paul G

Members
JT3173 said:
mikegsi said:
Yeh, they are very good and have many followers on here!

I tell you what Dan, we can get side by side into a corner on the Ring next weekend and we can see who can brake the latest and still go round it alive, I think I will win thanks to Paul G, my DC5's diet, my BC dampers and of course a wee bit of skill :wink:

Joking aside mate, the Paul G's are very good, I will take you for a lap and you can see what you think to them, they come on very strong with the Mintex 1144 combo and are fade free all the way, I may even try the Mintex F4's, if they can retain the heat they should be very good indeed!
I'm sure you will have no prob's with the F4 pads at the ring.

You MUST give them a try.....If you think the 1144's are good on track, just wait untill you've given the F4's a try :wink: :D

Have fun ....

Paul.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Tried to call StopTech but they are a US based company, will try tonight to get through to them in their time zone.

James

NiTrO

Advanced Member
I read about the Pauls combo, sounds very nice, but I need only discs for the next session. At first I wait for James call to StopTech and after that I decide.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
there is a stoptech distributor in the UK, But, as they are a us based company they assume the dc5 is the same as the rsx (they did last time i spoke to them anyway)

ek4

Advanced Member
email stoptech, they then pass on email to u.k distributor who will get back to you, very hard to get hold of over here but seem very good and rated by many who use them for trackdays

im sure all sizes are listed on actual site though

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
disc is a different size to all other , so disc has to be specific dc5 fitment.

the bell is different so are the diameter and width, bolt pattern is the same tho (but thats pretty meaningless)