Super Light Brake Disks Group Buy

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi All,

I've been looking in to reducing the weight of my car as you all may know (or realise from my signature). One of the bigest area of performance gain I noticed is with wheel weight reduction. You gain three ways: acceleration, cornering and braking. One other area of reducing the weight significantly is with the front disks (or Rotors - in US speak).

The best high performance direct replacements for these I've seen are from :-

Endless Zeal - 4.7KG (see picture below)
DELPHI Lockheed 3.8KG

Stock Brembo - 7Kg each.

A 6.4Kg saving is quite significant. Combine this with using high-performance slotted disks you greatly reduce the risk or warping on the track or fast road.

I'm thinking about getting a set of the DELPHI Lockheed disks which work out as £280 for a front pair. Shipping from Japan needs to be added to this.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a group buy.

Cheers,

Jon

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
The problem you have Jon,

A lot of after market discs don't last that long, compared to OEM ones.

Good for weight, but will cost your pocket more in the long run.

Mike

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
This Disc is design for Long Life use and high performance, Its said it should last at lease 65,000 miles with occasional Track use if you bed in the Disc and pad correctly.

Lockheed is a sub brand from AP Racing, all the disc is design for Rally or Track use. This is one of the best quality brand on the market.

Dixon

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
jonster said:
Hi All,

I've been looking in to reducing the weight of my car as you all may know (or realise from my signature). One of the bigest area of performance gain I noticed is with wheel weight reduction. You gain three ways: acceleration, cornering and braking. One other area of reducing the weight significantly is with the front disks (or Rotors - in US speak).

The best high performance direct replacements for these I've seen are from :-

Endless Zeal - 4.7KG
DELPHI Lockheed 3.8KG

Stock Brembo - 7Kg each.

A 6.4Kg saving is quite significant. Combine this with using high-performance slotted disks you greatly reduce the risk or warping on the track or fast road.

I'm thinking about getting a set of the DELPHI Lockheed disks which work out as £280 for a front pair. Shipping from Japan needs to be added to this.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a group buy.

Cheers,

Jon
Mate, if you looking for light weight, look at this alloy,http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/cgi-bin/cgi2/getWheelItem.cgi?maker=VOLK&model=060_TE37

Only 3.7KG per alloy!

Thanks

Dixon

Trung

Advanced Member
If only Jon can afford to scrub a £500+ alloy wheel on track then Im sure he would've gone for it. :wink:

jonster

Advanced Member
Yeah, I know about those bad boy Volks. Very nice but too steep for my pocket. A full set 6Kg Rotors compared to one Volk seems good value to me. Couple this with the weight saving of lighter brake disks really will make a difference. Just changing from the 8.7Kg stock wheels to the 6Kg Rotor's makes such a difference.

Jon

ps2london

Advanced Member
they are better then the orginal for sure, plus now u can use a lot lot harder racing brake pad!!!!!!!!

don't forget to buy the brake pads together Jon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truffs

damn in 6 months time i would be with you as i have just had my disks refurbished and they should be ready for replacement around the end of summer :cry:

Zero7

Advanced Member
Why do these have to be shipped from Japan, AP (or lockhead as it was called) is only 2 miles from where I live (I had a guided tour when I was at school and it is huge), surely they could ship them direct to customers in the UK.

Do you know if there sales office is in Leamington, if so I don't mind popping in and doing some negotiating if there are enough interested parties.

jonster

Advanced Member
Not sure man. I don't know if they have factories in Japan and if so, I guess they only make them for the DC5 that's officially available over there.

Jon

T666YPR

When are you planning on ordering these,Jon?

I'm a little flush at the minute,so I might as well spend it 8)

Simon

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Dixon (ProRacer aka ProRacerImports) is planning a shipment from Japan next month so if we coordinate our order then we could save on shipping.

I'll find out more if Dixon doesn't see this post and respond beforehand.

Cheers,

Jon

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
hi everyone,

The disc is £280 for a pair, and shipping will be around £60 by Air and £20 by sea, but if we can grab more then one set, we might save up to £20 per set if we sent it by Air.

I will have to see how many peoples interest first.

for anymore question please email or PM me dixon@proracerimports.co.uk

Cheers,

Dixon

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
Lockheed also made 2 types of brake pad to use with the disc as well.

they are:

SA: 50-550 degree £105
ZR: 50-850 degree £125

If we can get more than 3 peoples to get the Disc, we can offer £260 for a pair plus postage.

Normally 1 pairs of Disc will cost £60-80 by EMS and £25-35 by Ship.

Will see how many pairs of disc we getting then I will check how much for the Postage. The more we get the cheaper will be.

Thanks

Dixon

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Dixon,

I'm in if you're happy to take an order in the begining of Feb. Looks like Simon (T666YPR) and Chris (Sharpey) are in too - which makes 3 of use. Mark (Unnamed_Warior) is thinking about some too.

How long do you want to give us until you're ready to order?

Is there a special need to match Lockheed pads with these disks?

Cheers,

Jon

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
Jon,

There is no need to use these special Pad for the disc, you can use any pad if you like, but would recommended the Lockheed pad if you guys are doing regular track day.

Please let me know if all of you want it by EMS or Sea, EMS will take about 2 weeks to get to your hand and Sea will be around 6-8weeks.

30KG EMS box from HK to UK is £120 or by sea will be £40, Parcel service from UK to UK will be £10 each pair.

Let say this group buy finish at 6th of Feb Sunday.

Best Regards,

Dixon

Order:
1: Sharpey - Disc and pad dispatched-
2: Jonster - Disc dispatched-
3: Unnamed_warrior -Disc Dispatched-
4: T666YPR - Disc Dispatched-
5: Zero7 -Disc and 2 pads dispatched-

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
I would like some of these disc too .. but I am in no hurry for delivery so happy for sea freight to bring the cost down..

UW

Sharpey

Advanced Member
I am in no hurry either so I vote for sea but don't mind I will go with whatever is decided.

Chris