Super Light Brake Disks Group Buy

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
Group buy Ended. Deposit Needed.

We have already taken Zero 7, Jon and Sharpey £200 deposit.

Will send PMs to others for deposit. As soon as we collected everyone deposit, we will order the disc for you guys!

thanks

Dixon

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
I have just got it today. Thanks

I will order the disc for you guy on the coming Monday as my supplier is on holiday this week, they will be back on next Monday.

Thanks

Dixon

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Sorry mate, I am going to have to past on this until a later date.. I will contact you next month when my bonus has arrived..

Not really sure I need better disc to be honest as these work fine.. I will see what the others think when they get theres and see if they can out brake me on track :D

Thanks for sorting this all out thou.. I will be in touch

UW

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
I just had an email from my supplier that AP is sending all the Disc and pads to them now, it should be with him within this week. My supplier will send out all Disc and Pad as soon as they received it.

Thanks

Dixon

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
All the Parts has been sent out from Japan 28th of Feb. It will be here by Mid April.

Shipping cost is £30 for the peoples with the Disc only and £38 for the Disc and Pad.

Thanks

Dixon

Zero7

Advanced Member
Oh dear, this does not sound good, I hope I'm not too peeved off as I've been holding out on doing a few jobs so I can get the brakes done at the same time... :?

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
Right guys, a bit of bad news for you.

First, The Discs and pad won't be here until next week or so, its because my supplier send out just 1 disc at the end of Feb and the rest of it 2 weeks after. The rest should be here anytime. So far I had only received one disc and that already sent out to T666YPR as he need the disc in urgent.

Second, I have to correct they Disc are not 3.8KG light. They are about 6KG per disc. I was shock when I got the first disc last weekend as my supplier had quoted me they were only about 3.8Kg but it wasn't. They gave me the DC2 Disc weight.

Because of this, now I need to make an apology to every all of you and I will take £20 off the disc price and will throw a Mugen Reserve Tank Cover for you guys free for my wrong.

Simon I will send you a £20 cheque and one Mugen Tank cover for you tomorrow if you are alright with this.

I will let you guys know when the Discs arrive.

Best Regards,

Dixon

T666YPR

Just waiting on Chris (Sharpey) to learn of this and all four of us will have to decide what to do.

I think some wires have been crossed somewhere,but at the end of the day,we're not getting what we expected :(

jonster

Advanced Member
Well everyone knows that I'm a weight saving fanatic so I you can imagine I'm pretty unhappy with this news. I researched this quite extensively and at no point did I indicate that I wanted DC2 discs. Why would I on a DC5 forum. It's unfortunate Dixon's supplier mis-quoted him.

I get the impression that these discs are still the lightest available for the DC5 compared to all other brands and they more warp proof than the stock Brembos. Still, that's not what we bought in to.

Difficult.

Jon

Zero7

Advanced Member
Indeed it is a difficult one as I have expressed ot Dixon. One of the main plusses for me was the weight that would be saved, I think the original disks do a fine job (with better pads) so I don't really know the benefits of these disks.

I will have a look round today to see if there is a lighter disk available, if not then I'm not sure what I will do...

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
The Wait is finally over. I have received all the Discs and pads this morning.

I will PM you guys when I have sort out the Discs and pads tonight.

Thanks

Dixon