Supercharged dc5? Anyone else with F/I have good deals on insurance?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
I'm 25, 6years ncb. I'm half way through my insurance on my micra so I don't know to wait till I'm 26 and have 7 years ncb?

No points on my licence.

Any points in the right direction would be ideal.

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
Hi
On our scheme, you have to have at least a year's experience of driving that or similar bhp cars.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
So owning my integra since 21 and insuring it won't count? As it's currently being built with the charger?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
I'm with greenlight with mine. Think I paid 460 this year fully comp.
how old are you coffin dodger? haha

i jest, i changed to SC midway through policy so had to pay more.

Chelt_scene said:
I'm 25, 6years ncb. I'm half way through my insurance on my micra so I don't know to wait till I'm 26 and have 7 years ncb?

No points on my licence.

Any points in the right direction would be ideal.
mine is £700 26 5 years no claims with a plan!
when you any company they require you to have experience, so just mention the integra youve had and you will be fine.

also never admit to owning a micra in public as people may be reluctant to help you, i was feeling generous on this occasion :)

integraleo

Advanced Member
On my 5th type r. 3 dc2s 2 dc5s and 12 years driving almost nothing but Tegs including turbo dc2

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

b18coupe

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
So owning my integra since 21 and insuring it won't count? As it's currently being built with the charger?
doesn't feel like you've had it that long! still remember your coupe

Brophy

Advanced Member
Greenlight for me too charged, 24 and can't remember how many years NCB lol

I'm around £700/800 mark iirc.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
The micra is the family car lol. It's a beast man 1.4 80.5 horsepower 👌 lol.

The integra has 2 seats can't take misses and 2 kids In that lol.

Ah I'll try green light then :).

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
integraleo said:
I'm with greenlight with mine. Think I paid 460 this year fully comp.
Brophy said:
Greenlight for me too charged, 24 and can't remember how many years NCB lol

I'm around £700/800 mark iirc.
Thanks for the recommendations guys, unfortunately in this case we wouldnt be able to quote as the Op is going from a Micra into a DC5...Our schemes require that the driver has owned and driven a performance car for the last 12 months (we actually get proof for our underwriters).

Kind Regards
Neil

b18coupe

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:
Thanks for the recommendations guys, unfortunately in this case we wouldnt be able to quote as the Op is going from a Micra into a DC5...Our schemes require that the driver has owned and driven a performance car for the last 12 months (we actually get proof for our underwriters).

Kind Regards
Neil
but as said above he has owned the dc5 for the last 4 years and the mirca is only a daily currently, so would that still be a problem?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
I have also insured the integra through my current insurers for periods of time on my existing policy?

If not no worries I'll have to go elsewhere 🙊.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Chelt_scene said:
I have also insured the integra through my current insurers for periods of time on my existing policy?

If not no worries I'll have to go elsewhere .
We only require the ownership for the last 12 months so if you have had another DC5 for the last 12 months (without a gap) then we should be able to get a quote

Best off just giving us a call on 01277 650866 and the quote team can confirm. Without taking your full details its impossible to tell

Kind Regards
Neil

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:
We only require the ownership for the last 12 months so if you have had another DC5 for the last 12 months (without a gap) then we should be able to get a quote

Best off just giving us a call on 01277 650866 and the quote team can confirm. Without taking your full details its impossible to tell

Kind Regards
Neil
This slightly confuses me. Ownership it needs to have been fully insured?

I have owned my dc5 since 2011 was insured up to 2014 when k took it off the road and bought the micra as a daily driver whilst the integra is off the road?
From what I gather you think I owned a dc5 sold it bought a micra and then bought another dc5? 😂.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:

Kind Regards
Neil

I have owned my dc5 since 2011 was insured up to 2014 when k took it off the road and bought the micra as a daily driver whilst the integra is off the road?
From what I gather you think I owned a dc5 sold it bought a micra and then bought another dc5? 😂.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Chelt_scene said:

From what I gather you think I owned a dc5 sold it bought a micra and then bought another dc5? .
Due to high claims ratio we have on the DC5 we normally ask that you have owned and insured the car for a year. If you havent in some cases the udnerwriters will quote if you have owned/insured and driven a similar performance vehicle for last 12 months they may be willing to quote. This is just our requirement and wont be the same for all other insurers.

So in your situation it wouldnt meet the criteria as the only vehicle you have insured for the last 12 months is the Micra so wont qualify.

**The underwriters are only interested in the last 12 months and wouldnt take into account anything beyond that, this restriction was only imposed as a result of the high number of claims we received on DC5 over the last 2yrs....Ratio wise the DC5 is 2nd highest claimed on vehicle we have ever insured**

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:
Due to high claims ratio we have on the DC5 we normally ask that you have owned and insured the car for a year. If you havent in some cases the udnerwriters will quote if you have owned/insured and driven a similar performance vehicle for last 12 months they may be willing to quote. This is just our requirement and wont be the same for all other insurers.

So in your situation it wouldnt meet the criteria as the only vehicle you have insured for the last 12 months is the Micra so wont qualify.

**The underwriters are only interested in the last 12 months and wouldnt take into account anything beyond that, this restriction was only imposed as a result of the high number of claims we received on DC5 over the last 2yrs....Ratio wise the DC5 is 2nd highest claimed on vehicle we have ever insured**
Ah ok dude any other company a good try just for the year then come to you guys? I've insured through bell and Adrian flux before. Are they the same? I presume not as flux were the ones I used when I first got mine after owning my civic

Paz

Advanced Member
Green-light looking like they will have me as a new customer after 5 years with Sky, greenlight also are able to do track cover cheaper than sky and policy was overall cheaper!

This was with all modifications covered and supercharger 5 years no claim under £550 and I am 27.

Limited mileage as only weekend car now and then!

Sky did have a lower excess was my only comment.