suspension

tomdc5

just recentley bought a dc5 and i find it is way too low due to area which i live in (speed bumps) the springs which are on their are not standard ? which springs should i buy can any one help thanks tom :xconfused:

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Pictures would help...current ride height and/or pic of springs themselves.

Grov

Banned
Whats the problem exactly? Is the bodywork hitting the bumps or exhaust? Definatly need to know what springs are on.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Im not sure that you will be able to buy aftermarket springs that will be standard ride height. Not that i know of.

As said, what is it that's too low? do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

jay82

Advanced Member
can't believe you having problems with the spoon springs, i live in ireland and the roads are in bits all over the place. i think you might have to get standard springs if the spoons are a problem

tomdc5

Im not sure that you will be able to buy aftermarket springs that will be standard ride height. Not that i know of.

As said, what is it that's too low? do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
the exhaust is standard its just the the ride height i managed to source some oem springs today thanks will let you know the outcome

Grov

Banned
The standard exhaust stis low anyways, you might have problems with the OEM springs still.

Im still meaning to measure up and make a bracket to try and push the exhaust up a bit.

paul hughes

Tanabe do replacement springs, there are a few different options of lowered a bit or a lot or harder or softer progressive springs, Tokyo Express are the dealer.there are some called 'Dress Form' and some called 'Grip Feel'.

tomdc5

1. Tanabe do replacement springs, there are a few different options of lowered a bit or a lot or harder or softer progressive springs, Tokyo Express are the dealer.there are some called 'Dress Form' and some called 'Grip Feel'.
  2. just got my springs today going to powder coat them