Syron street race

Mbk786

Advanced Member
Yeah mine have came too and will be going on end of the month, so i will do a review for you lot =)

Bally_Jdm

Advanced Member
So I used these around the track yesterday at Japfest, track temperature wasn't very warm and was slightly damp / greasy ! I've only got my A048's to compare them to , but with the fact I can but 4x syron for nearly the price of 1 A048 these tyres aren't too bad.

After some heat got into them , they did have some good grip and the tyre wear wasn't as much as expected for the soft compound .

I'd buy again.

Si , also runs these unsure how he managed yesterday ?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'd imagine that yesterday wasn't the best of days to test them in. You'd want a nice dry day to see what these are really capable of I'm sure.

I can see the attraction and I did think about it myself for a moment but calling them a summer tyre in the UK is by the by really. Still get more rainy days than sunny ones so for that I think I'll stick with my F1's for the road. Perhaps if I ran some track wheels and decide to venture out on a hot day I'd use these, purely due to price. Cheaper than shredding up a set of Yokos that's for sure!

MrRy

Advanced Member
I'm looking at these as well. The Clio boys think they are a good tyre for the money. You'll get over 6000 miles out of them and they really are a summer tyre only apparently. I do wonder if its worth a punt or not, as I was due to get some AD08R's shortly.

Often when things are too good to be true...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
Beppe - Did you get around to testing them? I need new tyres soon, running a little more horses now would be nice to hear a powerfull Dc5 owner review.

Mbk786

Advanced Member
Jonnyteg said:
Beppe - Did you get around to testing them? I need new tyres soon, running a little more horses now would be nice to hear a powerfull Dc5 owner review.
I tested them out,

And overall - they are really good tires for the price you pay... They grip really good, take corners well, they grip like the Bridgestone RE070 which are double the price, but they run out really quickly... i had them on my car for 4000miles and they had basically gone bald... They are really soft compound and heat up really quickly, and when they heat up they stick proper well to the ground... In the rain i was surprised they are decent too, wouldn't say the best of tyres in the wet but you would expect that... Just dont put your foot down in the wet and you'll be okay

In terms of road noise, they are less than the R888 but more than the RE070 so i would say in-between... When going over road markings you hear the noise otherwise pretty decent...

hope that helps ?