Tegiwa insane Drive Shafts too Short!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Yes but how do you get them pictures before having removed your own drive shaft? that's what I mean you have paid someone to remove your drive shafts already and then fit them back in.

Whether you put in the new ones or your old ones it does not matter. You have still paid to remove and fit a pair of driveshafts.

And now you have to pay for that a second time.

I agree maybe don't fit them once you see they are too short. Either way you have still removed and fitted a set of shafts.

The only advantage to not fitting the new ones is that you don't have to remove them and go over the process of removing new ones and fitting back the old ones second time in order to send them back.

But then again when you get the correct new set you have to get them fitted again (a 3rd time). For sure you should be covered for the cost of one of these processes.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Sorry I must have missed where he was paying someone else to fit them I thought he was looking money for his time so that's fair enough they should definitely pay for the 2 times fitting! Frustrating anyway same with buying most parts for a dc5

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
Jimmer, didn't you mention you had got some uprated shaft with a larger diameter or something along those lines so the inner joint didn't fit your dc5 shaft? Or was it all standard?
I'd have thought it is just the shaft length that differs.
yeah, I bought a J&R EPS driveshaft, to take both ends off an put on my standard, but the ends that connect to the hub and gearbox fitted, but not onto the OEM shaft. The splines were different and slightly too big...no way of doing it.

EP3 blueprint ends however, fit. Like you have done. :)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:
tegiwa have agreed to cover return postage but won't cover any fitting labour costs!
I think that's poor. They have sold something that was advertised for the DC5R when clearly it isn't, and should be responsible for part of the labour costs.

As already said, you'd have no way of knowing until the car was in pieces if they were correct or not.

Not your fault they have incorrectly advertised something.

Nothing against Tegiwa, i'd be saying the same about any garage/parts dealer if the above happened.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
I don't really get why you're bashing Tegiwa so much when it's clearly Insanes issue/fault, they boxed them up as DC5R. Bit unfair IMO, it'd be the same from anywhere else supplying those shafts. I also don't know why you'd fit them after going on facebook and saying that they're too short, they should have been sent back there and then.

beppe786

Beppe
Saint Matt said:
I don't really get why you're bashing Tegiwa so much when it's clearly Insanes issue/fault, they boxed them up as DC5R. Bit unfair IMO, it'd be the same from anywhere else supplying those shafts. I also don't know why you'd fit them after going on facebook and saying that they're too short, they should have been sent back there and then.
you only find out if they're too short when original shaft is off.. its hard to measure them exactly.. but i thought it could be different aftermarket design.. where inner mount pulls out slightly..

put it bluntly they're boxed up wrong or insane USA make them for the RSX which we all know are shorter as well.

i know you work there.. and feel its not tegiwa fault so is it my fault? or shall we blame insane..

Tegiwa have offered me a full refund.. but still have to get them off labour to pay someone or take time out of your own working hours and take them off myself.. also cars is off the road and have to make arrangements of another car..

i'm not bashing tegiwa.. i'm only sharing it because i wanted others opinions and to warn them of the potential problems

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Of course it isn't your fault that the shafts are wrong, that's not what I'm saying. Insane make them for both RSX and DC5R, they've made the mistake here. They box them up.

Making videos with titles like "Tegiwa supplied insane shafts" IMO is suggesting it'd be different if you bought them from anywhere else, that is my point.

coolerking

Advanced Member
so what are tegiwa going to do now for future buyers? are they being taken off the website?

are there even driveshafts that insane make that fits a DC5?

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Yes, we have had 3 or 4 sets previously that are the correct length, I am not sure why Insane changed them, the part numbers were the same. They are being either removed or updated with a new part number from insane, Johnny has all the details and will update this thread as soon as he can.

kazmo

Advanced Member
Saint Matt said:
I don't really get why you're bashing Tegiwa so much when it's clearly Insanes issue/fault,
i would have thought that was obvious.. they were supplied by tegiwa.

regardless of Insane labelling them wrong putting the wrong item in the box or whatever, tegiwa supplied them so he should be looking to you to sort it out as far as i'm concerned, if i bought faulty Rays wheels from a uk dealer like coordsport i wouldn't expect them to push me over to rays JP to deal with it myself, the customer deals with the company selling, not who they get their supplies from...

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
That's not what I'm saying mate, of course Tegiwa are sorting it out, he said that earlier in the thread. It just seems "trendy" to bash Tegiwa on forums etc, when in this instance it's not tegiwa's fault at all and Dean knows this.

nellly

Advanced Member
Its nice to know they do sell the correct shafts and that it was just a boxing error. is this a common thing for them matt?

I have heard some one on here say the insane ones dont fit in the past but there was no pics like the ones here.
the problem we have with so many places selling dc5r shafts that are RSX ones you just dont know what your getting, and most people will only find out once they take there old ones out.

maybe some from of a pre-check before the get posted out to make sure they haven't been packaged wrong.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Saint Matt said:
That's not what I'm saying mate, of course Tegiwa are sorting it out, he said that earlier in the thread. It just seems "trendy" to bash Tegiwa on forums etc, when in this instance it's not tegiwa's fault at all and Dean knows this.
To be fair i think anyone who supplied incorrect parts would get a bashing its not thats its just tegiwa, maybe Dean was a bit hasty fitting them when he thought there was a chance they might not be quite right, but if we question every part from every supplier we would never fit anything, they were labeled correctly and as he stated how does he know the design of the cv's isnt slightly different to oem , if he had simply supplied the shafts to a garage to be fitted they also wouldn't have checked the length , why would they ? he would only know they were bad once the fitting was completed as he did. personally i would also be seeking some compensation for the fitting and removal that didnt need to happen if the parts had been correct in the first place.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
My issue occured April 2015 with the Insane driveshafts that Tegiwa sourced so these being too short is not new knowledge.
There were definitely quality issues with them at the time so I'm surprised they are still making them wrong after the hassle and complaints I raised.

coolerking

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
My issue occured April 2015 with the Insane driveshafts that Tegiwa sourced so these being too short is not new knowledge.
There were definitely quality issues with them at the time so I'm surprised they are still making them wrong after the hassle and complaints I raised.
This!

I remember speaking with Luke when this happened, would like to hear what tegiwa have to say about that.

Tegiwa Imports

Parts Trader
They did correct the shafts and we sold 3 sets since then with no issues (correct length).

I am not sure why they have reverted back to the old design but they are now aware of the problem.

Thanks

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Just realised my driveshafts I fitted to my last DC5 were from Tegiwa and INSANE ones and they were the right ones and fitted brilliantly and never had a problem with them while I had my teg.
Obviously this doesn't change the issues in this post but for anyone who is thinking of getting them, mine were fine and worked fine too x

integraleo

Advanced Member
I'm sure with the problem he has every right to complain to tegiwa to do something about labour costs....which then tegiwa take it up with insane to compensate them.