tegiwa problem

integraleo

Advanced Member
So I was one of the 10 that ordered the teg m induction kits before Christmas along with a red intake hose.was then told I had to wait 3 weeks for stock to come in. Bit silly in my mind to do a special offer on a part that you only have 2 of in stock. Anyway a month on and I've still not received it! Emailed them a few days ago inquiring as to when I should expect delivery.
My reply was "should be today"
By 4 O clock the following day still no delivery so I emailed them again asking for tracking number to find out what's going on. They sent me tracking number and another reply saying it's been delivered! I checked the details and it said delivered to Penryn and signed for by lewis ( my surname)
Now I don't live in Penryn I live in Devon so I told them as much ( I've ordered from Tegiwa several times and have an account with my address on) the last response I got was " we will talk to ups and get back to you"
That was yesterday and since then I've sent 2 further emails giving them my phone number to contact me and to ask if any update on this. I've tried ringing at least 6 times with no response to email or even to pick up the damn phone. I tried ringing for 10 minutes straight trying customer service and operator but to no avail.
They have had my full payment for both items now for a month and I'm getting annoyed at their poor customer service. After paying for my purchase I have a buyer lined up waiting for my injen induction kit which I can't remove until I get my new one.
Poor service tegiwa poor service

Erm

Advanced Member
Pay by card or paypal? Just get your money back if you did.

scottr89

Advanced Member
I work in Logisitcs man and if UPS have delivered it to the wrong address it will take them some time to carry out an investigation etc.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Erm said:
Pay by card or paypal? Just get your money back if you did.
Paid by PayPal. Don't really want to cancel the order as I ordered it when they had discount on for Christmas and I've wanted one since I first got my car.
Not for gains or even noise but to finish off my engine bay in the looks department.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Tegiwa is not tegiwa anymore, when they just started they were great. Now they sell a lot more and i think they are more busy, so take longer. On the other side thinknwill be fine, but takes more time

integraleo

Advanced Member
When I mentioned to them in an earlier email that I was trying to ring them but with no answer they emailed me back saying "ye we're all on the phone's at the minute even me" if they are that busy in January when everyone is supposed to be skint and not ordering new bits for cars,says to me they need more staff/phone lines to sort it out.
It's not like I've ordered a j's racing titanium exhaust from Japan and waiting for it to be made! It's one of the most common induction kits for the dc5 fitted in this country with a red hose. I'm usually really placid when it comes to customer service people but to not update me on what's going on with an order I paid for in full a month ago is just not on.they were happy enough to take my money when they knew they only had 2 in stock for 10 orders

Benneh

Advanced Member
As far as doing what is required of them by law, the contract of sale you entered into is with Tegiwa. You've notified them so it is on them to make sure you get the part you paid for - for this to happen they have to contact the courier and start a compensation claim with them to find out what has happened. Most companies would send you a replacement part straight away and then chase up costs with UPS afterwards, in this case it looks as though Tegiwa simply want to start proceedings with UPS before that - there is nothing dodgy or unsavoury about it.

As for the special offer - it was probably a case that if they could place "x" amount of orders with their provider, they would be able to offer it at a certain price - it's essentially just a pre-order price that you paid.

Have a little more patience and don't try to constantly harass them, it will get you nowhere and just annoy them putting them in a bad mood when dealing with you!

integraleo

Advanced Member
I never said there was anything dodgy or unsavoury about what they have done I've just mearly been venting about the poor customer service. I expected more of them. And as for harrasing them me ringing them without them answering is just rude in my book when they are running a business

coolerking

Advanced Member
In my experience of them, there just plain unprofessional, simple as that, I try and avoid them at all costs,

I've had a similar experience paying for items and having to phone days later to be told 'we're waiting on them to be made'

Some of their responses to posts on here can be seen and again it just reeks of unprofessionalism. also the amount of times I've heard "wait is the tegiwa one you bought because you gotta watch them, they can fail etc"

integraleo

Advanced Member
Same as me then....waiting for a reply.
I'm glad it's not just me that thinks the customer service is poor

beppe786

Beppe
buy from them through eBay its sometimes even cheaper plus you have more protection and get definite refund if goes tits up..

martinj46

Advanced Member
In contrast to the above, I've used them quite a lot over the past year and have always had good service from them. I got an email reply from them this morning regarding a different matter, so they are replying to stuff.

Maybe it's just down to luck who you end up dealing with?

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
I had to wait 3-4 weeks for my induction kit, but it did come in the end and they were very apologetic. Sometime they can get held up in customs whilst coming over.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Well latest on this is
The office was closed yesterday due to some sort of auto event. They said they put it on Facebook (which I'm not on) and dc5 forum and sorry if I missed it. I didn't see it,anyone else?
Now they are sending me a replacement kit but have run out of red intake hoses and asked if I would like to wait........9-10 weeks for a red one.
Now I can't wait that long so had to pick another colour instead.....so not happy