Tegiwa Rear Anti Roll Bar ARB Kit - Potenital Fitment Issue.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Quick update on this one;

Decided to follow up with Tegiwa to see if there was an update.

Turns out the kit wasn't actually test fitted to a DC5, only EP3's where it was a straight fit.

It's being sent back and test fitted to one of their DC5's.

donzooo

Advanced Member
So they've produced and advertised a kit to sell for a DC5 with absolutely zero product testing?

Erm...

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
hahhah and what did i say before hand?

the same way they listed their shifter bushes as being for a dc5, but they hadnt actually tested them and they were only ep3 fitment....

quickly becoming a bit of a joke with some of their dealings lately....

Chewy

Advanced Member
Yeah, I'm quite thrown by it to be honest...

I'm sure the kit is fine and works well for the EP3...but the fact It's not even been tested on the DC5, despite if it should be a 'like for like' fitment hasn't really inspired much confidence in them/the kit for me.

It's back off to Tegiwa for test fitting and to see If It's a 'manufacturing fault'.

I think whatever the outcome, I'll just pass on this one and get my money back.

dave7368

Advanced Member
tegiwa are a load of back street cowboys, i would never buy from you tegiwa! and this is just another reason for this, that you have marketed a product which has never seen any product testing on a DC5 and people are surprised it doesn't fit!! really! you actually haven't even showed it a DC5 before selling it!?? i hate copy mongers and all you stand for! making money off the back of companies which have spend a ridiculous amount on product R&D before it is released on the buyers to make sure they are getting a product that will fit and do what they say it will... end......

donzooo

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
tegiwa are a load of back street cowboys, i would never buy from you tegiwa! and this is just another reason for this, that you have marketed a product which has never seen any product testing on a DC5 and people are surprised it doesn't fit!! really! you actually haven't even showed it a DC5 before selling it!?? i hate copy mongers and all you stand for! making money off the back of companies which have spend a ridiculous amount on product R&D before it is released on the buyers to make sure they are getting a product that will fit and do what they say it will... end......
Exactly. I had a choice between a DC Sports or Tegiwa manifold and went for the DC Sports purely cause of principle. I don't mind buying stuff from them but not their copied parts. It's worth spending the extra buck for the name and the certainty that the product will fit / work / give you results you want.

Tegiwa Imports

Parts Trader
I'm pretty sure the sway bar will fit the DC5 with certain exhaust combinations. Which ones I don't know. There are plenty of people on google who have had similar issues with the OEM exhaust. We've been advertising the 'PROGRESS' for a few years saying it will fit the DC5. Maybe we've never actually sold to a DC5 owner or they had an aftermarket system? Or maybe this one bar is manufactured slightly wrong… once its back we'll check it out and go from there.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Tegiwa Imports said:
I'm pretty sure the sway bar will fit the DC5 with certain exhaust combinations. Which ones I don't know.
That's just not a chance people want to take when you are asking for £185 of their hard earned money unfortunately.

The point being made is test and confirm what will fit before advertising and selling the product for an Integra DC5. A lot of people run standard exhausts here, back boxes at least.

dotty

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Yeah, I'm quite thrown by it to be honest...

I'm sure the kit is fine and works well for the EP3...but the fact It's not even been tested on the DC5, despite if it should be a 'like for like' fitment hasn't really inspired much confidence in them/the kit for me.

It's back off to Tegiwa for test fitting and to see If It's a 'manufacturing fault'.

I think whatever the outcome, I'll just pass on this one and get my money back.
Get yourself a progress ARB, fits like a glove :)

Mebz

Advanced Member
To be fair to tegiwa, every time they mess up (some may say too often) they always respond in the right way.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
To be fair to tegiwa, every time they mess up (some may say too often) they always respond in the right way.
As I said previously, This was never an attack on Tegiwa or to slate their name/products, it was information to others out there thinking about purchasing the kit to take into consideration the problems I was having with a new product, I said from the start It might just be something as simple as not fitting with the OEM backbox and fitting fine with something aftermarket.

Of course, this would have been nice to know before purchasing it and could have potentially been avoided with prior testing, but right or wrong that's up to Tegiwa.

I agree though, It's being handled well...I've/this thread have not been ignored and all dealings with them have been pleasant, shame about the scenario but what more could you ask for when something goes wrong.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
As I said previously, This was never an attack on Tegiwa or to slate their name/products, it was information to others out there thinking about purchasing the kit to take into consideration the problems I was having with a new product, I said from the start It might just be something as simple as not fitting with the OEM backbox and fitting fine with something aftermarket.

Of course, this would have been nice to know before purchasing it and could have potentially been avoided with prior testing, but right or wrong that's up to Tegiwa.

I agree though, It's being handled well...I've/this thread have not been ignored and all dealings with them have been pleasant, shame about the scenario but what more could you ask for when something goes wrong.
This is true. Customer service seems good when mistakes happen but I'd still be annoyed if I paid a garage an hours labour to fit it and it had to come off again to send back.

I couldn't see that time or money being given back. Glad they are at least sorting it, more than some other companies would do.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Donald_TSC said:
This is true. Customer service seems good when mistakes happen but I'd still be annoyed if I paid a garage an hours labour to fit it and it had to come off again to send back.

I couldn't see that time or money being given back. Glad they are at least sorting it, more than some other companies would do.
I guess I can see the lighter side of It, but luckily It was me and a mate fitting It, so It was only a few hours one afternoon wasted, no biggie.

If the drop links would have been damaged getting them off or If I was paying for fitting, It would be a different story seeing as It's my daily.

Rob.

Advanced Member
I had exactly the same with whiteline who actually thought both front an rear were the same on a EP3 and DC5 !!

Cusco fit fine by the way ;)

paul hughes

LMFAO..... :)

aftermarket or harder rear anti roll bars are deffo not required on a DC5. we never ever use them on track or race cars, That goes for multiple championship winning Touring cars, Time attack cars, and endurance cars. in fact if its wet we disconnect the oem one because its too hard.

don't know if that experience is worth anything in the curious world of forum life but there you have it, tried, tested and proven at worldwide saloon cars highest levels.

:?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
RobS said:
Great insight, save money guys and just replace your drop links :)
Already ahead of you! That's all I done and the car behaves as I want to. No need for fancy LCA's or ARB's!!

Makes you wonder why they make them??

Chewy

Advanced Member
Tegiwa sent me a refund last week, so no arguments there. and I'm yet to hear anything on the fitment issue/test fit.

Haha, Learnt my lesson on this one.

Thanks for all the input on this guys.

Be much better If I put some cash into a fast road set up before messing around with anything else handling wise, I should have done this first to be honest.

I already have some Hardrace droplinks in the garage for the front, so I'll grab a pair for the rear and call it job done for now.