Tegiwa short shifter install

firthy22

Advanced Member
This is defintely a mod worth doing and worth £52 of anyone's money. Reduces the throw by about 40% and really tightens up the gear changes.

Start of by removing part of the centre console as follows:

1) Remove gear knob and nut from gear stick
2) remove small plastic cover in front of the handbrake by pulling it up, it just unclips.
3) Unscrew 2 screws at the rear and bottom corners of the centre console (push seats forward)
4) Remove 2 fixings either side in the bottom middle of the console (push seats back)
5) Unclip and lift up the centre part containing the leather boot at the rear. You'll see 2 screws attaching the rear to the front of the centre console. Push centre part to one side and remove both of these.
6) Unclip bottom of front part of centre console from the rear part that is fixed inside it and then pull put the rear part and centre parts together.

This will give you access to the parts you need to get to.

1) Pull out the split pin from the spigot attached to the gear stick and remove the gear linkage from the spigot.

2) Locate one of the billet pieces over the spigot as shown in this photo.

3) With a 6mm drill mark the flat part of the gear stick that holds the spigot through the rear hole.

4) Remove the billet piece and drill a 6mm hole through the flat part and it should look like this

5) Relocate the billet piece on the gear stick and fix in place using the 6mm nut and bolt provided and then replace the original split pin in the spigot.

6) Locate the linkage between the holes on the billet piece and fix in place using the spigot and split pin provided and it should look like this.

7) Remove the spigot from the top of the plastic arm of the left and pull out the linkage from between the plastic.

8 ) Fix the other billet piece onto the top of the plastic arm and fix in place using the allen bolt and nut provided.

9) Locate the linkage between the holes on the billet piece and fix in place using the original spigot and split pin which you have just removed and it should look like this

Then replace the centre console and enjoy a very cheap but effective mod.

Marpol

Advanced Member
Good write up!

I may have to invest in one of these if it really has made such an improvement

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Fitted this the other day, quality product for the money and really tightens up the throws and movement across the gate :D

spennyd

Advanced Member
Just bought mine the other day not fitted it yet though,
How do you guys find it? Is it alot better than oem?

spennyd

Advanced Member
Just bought mine the other day not fitted it yet though,
How do you guys find it? Is it alot better than oem?
Is it better than the buddyclub one?

donkeykong

Advanced Member
don't know about the buddyclub but it's better than oem :)
i think they do the same unless the throw is different!

buckley 88

Advanced Member
Just bought one off ebay £50 plus £5 postage, alot cheaper than the bc one anyway, will fit this next saturday along with my spoon catback :twisted:

Marpol

Advanced Member
Just fitted one of these today!

Quality made piece of kit and pretty straight forward to install. Really tightens up the gears, they should be like this from the factory! :xyes:

Cam

Advanced Member
Just done this today as well and took it out for a spin... nice tight gear changes, well worth a couple of hours messing about.

Some more pictures...

Before:

After:

Step 5 above was worded confusingly, but the screws you want to undo are here:

Remember to grease it up prior to finally fitting... also a good excuse to get the hoover out while it's all out and give the seat surrounds a once over, too. ;)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Thanks for this, just fitted mine. Feels good :xhappy:

I found the M8 (IIRC) bolt slightly too short though and looking at the pic yours is too, had any trouble?

I loctited the bolts, which I'd planned to do anyway.

molten-ice

Advanced Member
Picked a kit up over xmas, a bit steep at £50 considering it does not come with instructions and some of the bolts could have been longer...

But anyway, it was a worthwhile mod, and only takes a half hour to fit!

hoova78

Fitting mine today....would be a half hour job if my drill wasn't so rubbish! Been drilling for ages almost through and the battery died! Easy mod apart from the drilling!

kieran-itr

Advanced Member
Great write up!! Without this I would of struggled! Took me 40 minutes & the best mod I've got & the cheapest :)