TEIN TYPE N1 or Buddyclub race spec damper?

Vindots

Advanced Member
What you guys thought about this one?
I am looking at purchasing this one..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Integra-Type-R-DC5-Tein-N1-Race-Coilovers-/370585993880?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6396663334318463574#ht_500wt_835

or should I just buy the buddyclub racing spec damper?
its a lot cheaper and I could buy it brand new too.

guys I've got the money, I just need some advice...

comments:
negative or positive are welcome,
suggestions are welcome.

what you think??

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Iv just ordered a set of the new skunk2 pro C coilovers. I had them on my old ek9. Wicked suspension and were really good on track.

Should have them end of next week.

b19twg

Advanced Member
Google tein n1 the ones there have external ressies these dont? But 28 and 18 they are going to be harsh the bc'd are 12 and 10 iirc.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
teins are good dampers BUT springs could be dangerous on the road, you wont get much weight transfer under braking etc, they also wont ride very well. really race only.

Vindots

Advanced Member
So do you reckon .. A buddyclub race spec would be a good overall suspension that can be driven on road ok?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep the Buddy club sets are still pretty firm but better for road use.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I have a set of race spec dampers, even though they are more race specific mine drive quite comfortable on the road getting from A to B. glad I made the choice to go for the race spec dampers

Vindots

Advanced Member
I will use it on the road yet i want it to be competitive for some time attack, sprint and all sorts..

Vindots

Advanced Member
@ollydc5,, mate have you used your dc5r on track with the race spec on it? If so.. How did it go??

ollydc5

Advanced Member
@ollydc5,, mate have you used your dc5r on track with the race spec on it? If so.. How did it go??
Yes mate have had about 20 hours on them now, previously I ran the super streets and then a set of ohlins ( older set pcv ). I realise the super streets aren't directed at track use but I found them ok, the ohlins were a step up from the teins as in performance wise. I decided to test the racing spec dampers firstly at donny as its a good demanding circuit and i could really put some force into the corners and see if they helped me progress through the corners better and faster. The cars geometry had been set up quite mild rather than crazy camber as the car has to be driven to and from track, we first went out with the damping to what buddy club call town use which is -4kg/mm and it's softest setting. This felt quite sloppy through some of the bends so we turned up a few clicks on every strut and straight away the dampers went from fast to evil, my car is only 220bhp ish at the moment and we forced as much as we could down through the crane of curves and wow we were a lot quicker and the car felt well balanced through and coming out of the corners. I am a little buddy club biased but these dampers are great for the price, don't get me wrong though I wouldn't over look the n+ dampers as they are an awesome set to and what I would of brought if Paul hadn't of had a few cheap sets of the racing spec dampers. Where are you based fella? Your more than welcome to jump in my car and see what you think before you part with your cash.

Hope that helps a little, olly

ollydc5

Advanced Member
save up for a ohlins set, there are second hand sets available sometimes.
I don't want an argument and this is a good idea along as they have recently been serviced or checked over, I brought a second hand set and ended up shelling out nearly as much as a new set of decent coilovers. Buy new and buy once unless you like spending money and wasting time, just my arrogant opinion from experience and don't wish to effect a sale for anyone

donkeykong

Advanced Member
True, you have to be lucky to get a good set. Next month i goto malaysia, lets see what they have there :)

lee76

Advanced Member
Give Tony at Touring car spares a ring he bought a set of Buddy club ones which I dont think he used he is also an agent for Moton which JAS used on some of their Civics and also an agent for AST.

Vindots

Advanced Member
wow olly, the race spec damper sounds like a way to go for me, I've got aragosta atm, but I think its a bit softer for my driving style, but I was thinking n1 type though it might rattle my bones during road driving.
the aragosta damper itself is REAL good!! but it is more on road/sports kind of performance..​
Im in NZ mate, so I couldn't try that unfortunately, and there's NOT much people here riding in buddyclub RSD so i couldn't try it on a dc5 unfortunately.​

Vindots

Advanced Member
I already sold it to race car DC5 here in NZ (competing for motul honda cup) hehe! for some reason he is dead keen on my aragosta.
so after taking pics of my car with the RPF1 on it, I disassemble the suspension from the car just after photoshooting. hahahha! :p