Temp gauge needle reading incorrectly?

Mattz

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
check all plugs behind the dash, its a common place to fit the speedo convertor , as the loom is tight the plugs often dont get pushed all the way back in.
How hard is it to remove the dash? I'm going to give Torque a call now but don't fancy pulling bits apart myself in case something breaks.

spooke

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
How hard is it to remove the dash? I'm going to give Torque a call now but don't fancy pulling bits apart myself in case something breaks.
It's pretty straight forward, remove the steering column cowl screws, pull that off along with the lower dash cover, looking straight up you'll see two screws, undo those and then start wiggling the dials side to side from the front and underneath.

Btw download the workshop manual (it's for the Acura RSX),

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dwm2qkmzy2n/%28LINKED+Edition%2902-06+Acura+RSX+Shop+Manual.pdf

Mattz

Advanced Member
Thanks Spooke that's a massive help! I've spoken to torque and they're going to send some pictures of the clocks on a new facelift they're getting in. Turns out the clocks are slightly different on the facelift? I'm going to leave it I think as it's only cosmetic and as long as it's not mechanical I'm not overly fussed. Thanks for all the suggestions though everyone!

anton1234

Advanced Member
Hi mate, I have got a facelift and I've just had a look, mine cold sits across the middle of the "c" so not as far down as yours and when warm sits just below half way, if you would like me to send you a pic pm me your number

Cheers

spooke

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
Thanks Spooke that's a massive help! I've spoken to torque and they're going to send some pictures of the clocks on a new facelift they're getting in. Turns out the clocks are slightly different on the facelift? I'm going to leave it I think as it's only cosmetic and as long as it's not mechanical I'm not overly fussed. Thanks for all the suggestions though everyone!
No problem! They may well be, but I'd definitely get it connected to a OBD reader to check it's all sound :)

Darren4

Advanced Member
Some good info here guys, how long does everyone's guage get up to temp roughly? I know it depends on weather, just interested :)

Fez

Advanced Member
Darren4 said:
Some good info here guys, how long does everyone's guage get up to temp roughly? I know it depends on weather, just interested :)
Water temp goes up quite quickly, with in a few minutes, my oil temp takes quite a bit longer

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
water temp will come up pretty quickly, 5 mins driving or less , oil will take a bit longer ,
its because of position of temp sender too