The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Look well those do. What size and offset are they and do the 235s rub at all on the front?
They are 17x9 et50. No rubbing at all! I will see how they do on the track in May :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Finally got around to putting my horn buttons in after losing them, added a bit of old school dymo tape for identification

Also took a gamble on my j's racing engine mounts, had them lying around after selling my ep3. They were starting to look a bit tired and didn't want to put old rusty parts on so have sprayed them up to match the brace even though you won't see them. Not sure if this is a cheap tacky look but hey ho

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Made a bracket up for ny rotrex oil cooler. Also sprayed the mishimoto white logo black on my intercooler for more stealth.

Also fitted my new tyres. Think I need some wider fenders lol.

Also test fitted the bumper and had to trim few bits down for it to all fit.

Also don't few other odds and sods. Will be up and running on final fix end of the week.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Technically it's my weekend now... Gave the Duchess a good scrub today and decided to test out the camera on my new phone, It'd be rude not to!

Chewy

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:
love the number plate in the middle lewis
Cheers Beppe, I've not got the stones to run without a plate so I thought centered in the grill would be the best place for it to be out of the way as possible while still being on display.

Sticky plates on the front bumper look awful on anything other than CW, so that was never an option for me personally.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Technically it's my weekend now... Gave the Duchess a good scrub today and decided to test out the camera on my new phone, It'd be rude not to!

So your car is either; very very clean or the new camera is very very good?
Or both!!!
Blue looks amazing when the sun's out!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
So your car is either; very very clean or the new camera is very very good?
Or both!!!
Blue looks amazing when the sun's out!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
Haha! Freshly washed and a S7 Edge...Turns out it makes a good combo.

It's definitely the camera though, I'm dead impressed because I can't take a decent picture to save my life.

beppe786

Beppe
last minute saturday night Racing.. no traction in 1st or 2nd but still managed a 12.7 @120mph / boost by gear needs setting up and stickier tyres

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVvVL0ISXFg

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Made a sort of heatsheald for my new filter.

Also refitted all the boost pipes there all tight. Rads back in all hoses done and fans back in.
New Fuel lines all done fuel pumps back in the tank. Made a new power steering cooler too as the oem one didn't fit round the boost pipes. Just the injector plugs to.change today and shell be started.

Today's jobs the plugs tidy some of the wiring and trim a little from the bumper

Happy days

p1tse

Advanced Member
Chewy said:

Amazing colour
Still to see one in real, but I think its best oem colour for photos

dave7368

Advanced Member