The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Not a fan of the FL cluster myself, much prefer the old ones!

They look too clinical for my liking.
It's good that were all different! Haha. I think the PFL silver looks proper dates hence wanting to change. Each to their own though it's good we don't all like and do the same things to our cars haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
It's good that were all different! Haha. I think the PFL silver looks proper dates hence wanting to change. Each to their own though it's good we don't all like and do the same things to our cars haha.

Whaaaat? How dare you have a different opinion to me. :p

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Whaaaat? How dare you have a different opinion to me. :p
I know! How dare you say PFL clocks are nicer than FL😂😂😂😂😂😂. How are you finding those huge brakes btw? Is it F50s you've got?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
How are you finding those huge brakes btw? Is it F50s you've got?
The brakes can be a little grabby on the road especially when cold, but other than that they are fantastic, especially on track where I haven't had any fade at all. The best brake setup I've had on any car to be honest. Brembo calipers (yes, same model as what is fitted to the Ferrari F50), Brembo Type III 2 piece 332*28mm disc with custom made mounts, Pagid RS29 pads, TGM hoses and uprated fluid.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
The brakes can be a little grabby on the road especially when cold, but other than that they are fantastic, especially on track where I haven't had any fade at all. The best brake setup I've had on any car to be honest. Brembo calipers (yes, same model as what is fitted to the Ferrari F50), Brembo Type III 2 piece 332*28mm disc with custom made mounts, Pagid RS29 pads, TGM hoses and uprated fluid.
Sounds class to be fair. How much are the TGM hoses?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Sounds class to be fair. How much are the TGM hoses?

I'm not really sure, they were added to the humongous bill when I got TGM to fix the car up and get it roadworthy again. Best give Tom a call, I've had fitment issues with HEL in the past on my S2000 so I wouldn't use them again, only TGM custom or Goodridge.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I'm not really sure, they were added to the humongous bill when I got TGM to fix the car up and get it roadworthy again. Best give Tom a call, I've had fitment issues with HEL in the past on my S2000 so I wouldn't use them again, only TGM custom or Goodridge.
Nice one, cheers mate 🖒

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
For the record I had a free pair of Hell brake hoses a couple of years ago due to a miss order etc, as some compensation...TGM fitted them with no issues at all, fitment was much the same as theirs. so unless they have changed the design over the years? I've not got any gripes with the Hell ones. :)

In the past I'm sure I've seen a figure of £50 odd flying around for TGM hoses but don't hold me to it.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Went for a drive around the peaks yesterday with a mate of mine Adam, stumbled across a nice MR DC5. Few pics below

Disclaimer 😂: I take zero credit for these quality snaps

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Those pics are awesome mate, decent weather this weekend too. The FN2 looks like its trying it's hardest to get in the shot!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
Those pics are awesome mate, decent weather this weekend too. The FN2 looks like its trying it's hardest to get in the shot!
The FN2 was more than welcome! He didn't want to get in the pics funnily enough haha. He gives it a fair bit of stick!!! I struggle to keep up but he's a better driver

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Not the weekend but a Tuesday late afternoon to be precise. Due to Honda being gay and discontinuing the OEM wind deflectors I decided to have a go at machine polishing them myself. Now with me this could have gone 2 ways. Decent or horiffically with an complimentary tantrum for good measure! However, thankfully the latter wasn't the case.

I appreciate they will probably last 2 months if I'm lucky but I'm happy (ish) with the results.

Before, like a dog's breakfast to say the least!:

After, not Michelin Star but not too bad!:

Also got round to fitting my favourite part of the FL tegs after having these sat around since October!

Wind deflectors came out lovely mate

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Last Sunday I drove it to Spa and since I was on holiday, Monday was my weekend where I terrorised M3's and other supposedly faster cars. :)

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I was an utter cock. Don't go working on your car while tired and stressed out. You take your eyes off the ball for half a second......

I've been using old front brake disks for a small step to allow me to get clearance for jacking from the subframe. Just finishing up and needed to roll it off as battery was flat (some nob left interior light on), so let the handbrake off from the passenger side. Car rolled back much faster than i was ready for, door smashed into the old car door hinges.

What a twat. If anyone wants to know how to piss yourself off, this is a perfect way to do it.

Thankfully, i had a spare. But that's 90 mins of my lift I'll never forget.