The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

carl hammond

Advanced Member
So another fun weekend, exhaust gaskets failed and no where could do it today so as I couldn't use the car I've decided to get my bars ready for fitting:

Mugen front brace
Mugen rear brace
Cusco C-Pillar bar

Then also got my spare interior light housing and made my front facing camera holder for future track days:

Folds up (when not in use)

The camera view

The only thing I had to do was lose the led interior light it had in place for a standard bulb.

This is the led one that was fitted:

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Thats a neat idea. Im assuming its strong enough without flexing and popping off with the weight of the camera during turns/ bumps etc? Well done for thinking outside he box though. I like that!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Really sturdy mate, Chris mounted his on the casing which is where I got the idea but he uses double sided tape, this is held by three screws so very secure and doesn't budge :)

Jimmer said:
Thats a neat idea. Im assuming its strong enough without flexing and popping off with the weight of the camera during turns/ bumps etc? Well done for thinking outside he box though. I like that!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
Loving the camera mount, is it a solid fix or does playback seem to shake a bit ?
Solid mate, got a slight blow in my b-pipe to backbox last night so once bodged up til the part arrives I'll grab some footage. On track I think it will be spot on tbh

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
So another fun weekend, exhaust gaskets failed and no where could do it today so as I couldn't use the car I've decided to get my bars ready for fitting:

Mugen front brace
Mugen rear brace
Cusco C-Pillar bar

Then also got my spare interior light housing and made my front facing camera holder for future track days:

Folds up (when not in use)

The camera view

The only thing I had to do was lose the led interior light it had in place for a standard bulb.

This is the led one that was fitted:

Oh I like that. May have to pop over and let you help me do the same to mine before Spa in October ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cool mate no problem (or as I can't go) to save messing yours up could always borrow mine first to see what you think :)

TonksyDC5 said:
Oh I like that. May have to pop over and let you help me do the same to mine before Spa in October ;)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Good thinking. I also need to buy a GoPro, but not this month. Spent more than I should already in the last 2 weeks!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I'm using SJCAM 4000's front and rear mate, very good for the money and a lot cheaper.

Brought them for underwater holiday trips mainly but have since used them for many outdoor things like air shows, car events, riding and so on. Very good for in car footage and a lot cheaper than GoPro.

I'm in Dubai when your all at spa so can use my setup if required and one of my cameras even if you've not got one sorted mate as I'll only take 1 away with me :)

TonksyDC5 said:
Good thinking. I also need to buy a GoPro, but not this month. Spent more than I should already in the last 2 weeks!

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I'm using SJCAM 4000's front and rear mate, very good for the money and a lot cheaper.

Brought them for underwater holiday trips mainly but have since used them for many outdoor things like air shows, car events, riding and so on. Very good for in car footage and a lot cheaper than GoPro.

I'm in Dubai when your all at spa so can use my setup if required and one of my cameras even if you've not got one sorted mate as I'll only take 1 away with me :)
That's very good of you to offer mate, much appreciated.

I'll have a Google of the model you mentioned.

I've been to Dubai loads of times for work and not once have I managed to make it up the Burj Khalifa.

Good time year to be there Oct/Nov. June/July is savagely hot!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Brought mine through Amazon mate and 0 complaints tbh, good battery life, Ines a wifi the other non wifi version and I use 32gb cards in them so about 4.5hrs film etc.

We are staying in the Jumeirah Beach Hotel overlooking the Burj Al Arab, the gf's been about 7 times with work but it's my first do can't wait.

TonksyDC5 said:
That's very good of you to offer mate, much appreciated.

I'll have a Google of the model you mentioned.

I've been to Dubai loads of times for work and not once have I managed to make it up the Burj Khalifa.

Good time year to be there Oct/Nov. June/July is savagely hot!

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Brought mine through Amazon mate and 0 complaints tbh, good battery life, Ines a wifi the other non wifi version and I use 32gb cards in them so about 4.5hrs film etc.

We are staying in the Jumeirah Beach Hotel overlooking the Burj Al Arab, the gf's been about 7 times with work but it's my first do can't wait.
It's a nice beach that.

I was at their sister hotel before, Emirates Towers, and had complimentary access to their beach.

I wont offer any travel arvice as it sounds as though your other half will be pretty clued-up on locations ha ha.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Started the cleaning after a month of being in a dusty garage.

No polish yet. Needs a good mop now, but all in its not in bad shape really. Will start a proper thread when it's properly clean.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ijlh

Advanced Member
Sealed up my freshly refurbed wheels, as well as a full clean

carl hammond

Advanced Member
It's a nice beach that.

I was at their sister hotel before, Emirates Towers, and had complimentary access to their beach.

I wont offer any travel arvice as it sounds as though your other half will be pretty clued-up on locations ha ha.

Lol, she's never had a holiday there as such so anything you recommend fire away.

Oh also as requested here are the imperfections

Bumpers - Normal reason behind these, stone chips and will be smoothing the front bumper for a sticky number plate also.

Roof - there is a deep stone chip, I could have it treated and touched in but why? A roof repaint would be better :)

Passenger side - So when I viewed the car I noticed a small dent/mark on the passenger door and some peeled lacquer. This was due to the car being keyed and the owner at the time having a cheaper repair than I would have. They painted the door to the swage line which is bad so instead of having the door done and blending it into the rear quarter I've decided to get it perfect via a complete side repaint as it's best way for a perfect 100% paint match throughout.

So the above are the reasons for the paintwork at TGM from May 6th for nearly a month, they are the best (from what I'm told) and perfectionists like me and I'd rather do it all right than touch ups and cover-ups :)

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Busy old day today, SHG rack slider installed, RBC manifold installed, standard airbox gutted as per the Hondata mod, a good clean and 2 coats of poorboys wheel sealant on the wheels after decontaminating them.

Steering rack slider is the best mod to date and took about 2hrs in total, nice to have the steering wheel feeling connected to the wheels 🙂

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Yeah more torque right across the rev range, revs more eagerly and sounds a bit louder too, not mapped yet as I have some other maintenance bits to do mid year and want to add a solid fab manifold and possibly a 3" system.

One thing I need to do is get some gas struts for the bonnet as the standard prop has lost its mount on the slam panel due to the RBC. May be able to fashion something up out of an old throttle cable mount but will have to look into that one.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Sold the shell and did a deal with the guy to literally take every part I had left down to the nuts and bolts.

He plans to restore it over the years, so a good result.

Now I can start getting the new one up to scratch again :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk