The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

chrex

Advanced Member
Fair do's...thought it was the spring clip for the pads! Pretty big thing to miss, but just in case...wanted to check you knew :)

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
Picked her up on saturday after getting a final FRSU from TGM now my new alloys and tyres are on and a few other bits done (still got one last bit of work to do on the exhaust but Tom said its not a big job).

did a bit of sound deadening, got both doors done and inner skin. and put my speakers in.

this is a mostly done progress pic on the passenger side.

and the dirty girl got a bit of a tickle around with a sponge as well

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Not the weekend but today I started the Pre Japfest clean up. Went through the whole of the interior with a fine tooth comb. Hoovered everything that I possibly could, mats are in the washing machine as we speak. Everything has had two coats of Armourall Dash and Plastics cleaner. Also had a bit of clean under the bonnet so that's all looking good. Boot interior sorted, again plastics glammed up, don't think I've ever spent so much time cleaning a car. Wait until Friday before I tackle the exterior, but I might clean and seal my wheels in between. Also had a little package today through the door containing some Dodo Juice Quick Detailer to bring with me for the weekend.

Brophy

Advanced Member
SuperFLY said:
Picked her up on saturday after getting a final FRSU from TGM now my new alloys and tyres are on and a few other bits done (still got one last bit of work to do on the exhaust but Tom said its not a big job).<br /><br />did a bit of sound deadening, got both doors done and inner skin. and put my speakers in.<br /><br />this is a mostly done progress pic on the passenger side.<br /><br />and the dirty girl got a bit of a tickle around with a sponge as well<br />
<br /><br />Looking good mate, loving the wheels :) always wanted set for mine :p<br />

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
dave c said:
Have you noticed any difference? Looks really good

Also do you have a front splitter, I understand that the front is where you gain most advantage from aero (stopping the air get under the car)
Yes, I went for the full package... front and rear Areo undertray.

From 80mph onward i noticed the acceleration is smoother to 100mph+. But the best of all, it gives a better fuel economy for normal cruise.

I am still looking to build a proper rear diffuser in the future. :)

dave c

400hp K20
Nice mate, good work, how much did they both cost you and have you noticed any adverse engine temp effects?

By the front I was actually meaning an extra low splitter but what you have looks awesome.

Really like it

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
dave c said:
Nice mate, good work, how much did they both cost you and have you noticed any adverse engine temp effects?

By the front I was actually meaning an extra low splitter but what you have looks awesome.

Really like it
It's really good i recommend it! Especially for your turbo'd car will definitely see improvement. Not many people know the advantage of this mod therefore makes it extra unique. Engine temp wise hasn't changed a bit, I didn't want a large front splitter sticking out because that means i will need to run two rods and hang them up for them work properly and i don't really like the look of them and plus i want to keep the car usable for everyday. This project cost about £300, my mate at Funky power bought the materials, fabricated the tray and welded aluminum brackets to the car and bolt it on (for easy access when changing oil.)

mike.williams

Advanced Member
bonson, got any better pics how you installed the harness with the rear seats still in?

i like your slippery aero mod too

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
dan_ep82 said:
Got
NCT
Black Interior Plastics
Heater resistor
Rear boot plastic
SRS Unit
Fucked a tire on a rock the size of my fist. Pinched the tire off the rim and left a massive bulge.

Bought 2 Avon ZV5 XL and not happy with them,going to see if he will take them back and order some Eagle F1's Asymmetric 2's.
To continue on I got my Eagle F1's on today,made a hell of a difference,gave back the confidence in the corners compared to the Avons and better than the kumho's.

Also fitted,what I think is, my heat wrapped Tegiwa Manifold/Cat. Need to get a gasket for it.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
dan_ep82 said:
To continue on I got my Eagle F1's on today,made a hell of a difference,gave back the confidence in the corners compared to the Avons and better than the kumho's.

Also fitted,what I think is, my heat wrapped Tegiwa Manifold/Cat. Need to get a gasket for it.
This!

They are by far the best tyre I have been on to date.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Spent the entire day detailing since 10am, finished at 7pm, with a break for lunch.

Filled numerous chips and scratches over the last week, wet sanded the lot today including the headlights, then polished the repairs with my DA and some Meguiars Ultimate Compound.

Hoovered the inside, then dressed all the plastics with some Meguiars Trim Detailer, didn't have time for the exterior plastic/rubber before it started raining.

Cleaned all the Glass inside out.

Machine polished the entire car with more Ultimate Compound, then went over the whole thing with some Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer.

Waxed it all with some Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba plus.

Dressed the tires with some Turtle Wax Extreme Nanotech Tire Gel.

Polished the Twinloop with some Autosol.

If i had time and i could still lift my arm, i would have shampooed the interior too.

Now it's raining and the entire street thinks i've lost the plot, but the car has never looked so shiny, if only i had a chance to see it in the Sun!

Here's hoping we have some good weather at Japfest, touch wood. :)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Bloody hell busy day then, I've spent the last two days letting someone else do it :)

See you tomorrow!

chrex

Advanced Member
I changed the air filer on my AEM V2 yesterday...the pictures say it all for how necessary it was :xaiweb6: The filter element is meant to be red...

And a quick picture of the whole engine bay - makes a nice change to before and adjusted the whole intake now so it's not hitting everything as it was before as its not the best fit. Need a revamped rocker cover from VtecDirect soon to help with things, and i also want to work out how to get rid of the air-con...as it doesn't work anyway - i wont be regassing it and i want to lose the weight.

That is all :xwavey:

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Getting 4 of these bad lads fitted.

Yes they're not the best tyres
Yes they're gonna be stretched (That's WHY I chose nankang as they stretch well)

Sorry guys.ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368788757.635101.jpg