The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Brophy

Advanced Member
That the A spec rear lip porthos ? :) looks amazing lol who's your supplier for theses lips if dont mind me asking lol ?

Jaws

Fitted Spoon Lower Seat Rails! Much easier than I thought they would be :xyes: need to take the car out for a spin and try them out next!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
How are you finding them Jaws? I've always fancied them but worried the driving position I've been used to for so long will go and ill loose confidence driving on edge.

Jaws

How are you finding them Jaws? I've always fancied them but worried the driving position I've been used to for so long will go and ill loose confidence driving on edge.
Have only sat in them so far and they feel sooooo much better! Love a low seating position, I'm 6ft 3" though so probably need to be just that little bit lower. The Spoon rails seem to give quite a considerable drop, I honestly didn't think they'd make that much difference but I'm very happy! Easy to fit too, took me about an hour to do both sides and I'm not the fastest!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Top work there Chelt! How much lighter was that battery compared with OE? Did the little holster at the bottom come with it too?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Top work there Chelt! How much lighter was that battery compared with OE? Did the little holster at the bottom come with it too?
It's not any lighter I don't think mate as its a gel one. And it is extra but comes with the kit yea. About 150 I think it was extra I can't remember to be honest.

It's an utter swine to fit tho! I basically bought new terminals as the jap ones don't fit over the yank battery terminals so means cutting and resoldering your loom. And I bought 2 bew ground wires one from the shell and one from the gearbox as mine were nakared they just needed cutting down. To do it all and get it looking tidy and safe tool me about 3 hours lol

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Porthos that rear lip looks great where did you get it from, I've given up on the Mugen lol!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Booked a track day at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps #excited

http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/circuit-aerial-views.php

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
@chelt_scene - where did you get that battery relocation bracket? i have a buddyclub battery the same size and would like to do the same.