The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Apple said:
That fd2 diffuser looks good.. Do you have to do much work to get that on.
The diffuser is not fitted onto the car just yet but the plan is to cut out the rear lip and bumper and slot it into position before bonding it on. Meanwhile the lads at planet performance are fabricating an under tray using aluminum sheet for the front bumper and the rear to make good use of that diffuser. Once the project is complete i will post some more photos.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Fitted my HU
Attempted to remove OEM sticker
Failed
Contemplated sticking new OEM sticker over the top

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Fitted my HU
Attempted to remove OEM sticker
Failed
Contemplated sticking new OEM sticker over the top
Did you try using a heat gun. That usually does the trick with some elbow grease and maybe mild paint thinners 👍

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I had a hair dryer, the problem came because the previous owner(s) have picked the hell out of the stickers! I'm gonna try the WD40 trick at the weekend

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Done valve clearances today and painted the rocker cover white

Quite happy with the results bar a run. But much better than before.

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Fitted new disks, pads and headlights. Screws on the disks were a major pain and had to be drilled out due to heat rust!

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Fitted new disks, pads and headlights. Screws on the disks were a major pain and had to be drilled out due to heat rust!

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Fitted new stickers, yes I know they're for a blue car but for the price I got them and how desperately they needed changing, I'm happy for now :)
Old:

New:

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Looks great Alex, do like white rockers, simple and makes the engine bay look fresh, just need to keep it clean, I hate seeing the slightest speck of dirty on mine!

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Woppy said:
Looks great Alex, do like white rockers, simple and makes the engine bay look fresh, just need to keep it clean, I hate seeing the slightest speck of dirty on mine!
Bonito said:
Told you the white would look the part!
Kyletyper said:
Looking good mate so much better clean engine bay too :)
Cheers :) i like the white as well and will be stickin with it. Do like to keep the bay clean.