The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Ramz007

Advanced Member
Full alignment and headlight restore after coilover fitting...alignment was out by 5degrees!!

Wash and headlight restoration. Used 1500 grit and 2500 grit wet and dry. Then DA with megs compound, AG SRP and coated with AG HD Wax. All were done 2x coats.

Before

After

Also did a comparison with left and right after refurbishing the right.

And done!

Looking to paint front bumper, grill, bonnet and lip so if anyone knows anyone local around the west london area please let me know :)

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Fitted my energy mount inserts finally

Also fitted my hard race drop links this is how badly the old one didn't want to come off

Also fitted my brake stopper and diagnosed play in my drivers top mount so suffice to say that's on it way/dead nvm Coilovers will be going on soon anyways and also my wishbone bushes are perforated so need those dug out and swapped over (suggestions on full kits at good price anyone??? ;) )

Plans for next week are to scrub It ready for JAE on Thursday, come say high if your there ;)

Gordon

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
Fitted my energy mount inserts finally

Also fitted my hard race drop links this is how badly the old one didn't want to come off

Also fitted my brake stopper and diagnosed play in my drivers top mount so suffice to say that's on it way/dead nvm Coilovers will be going on soon anyways and also my wishbone bushes are perforated so need those dug out and swapped over (suggestions on full kits at good price anyone??? ;) )

Plans for next week are to scrub It ready for JAE on Thursday, come say high if your there ;)

Gordon
Ive just purchased hardrace control arm bushes mate for the fronts, will be fitting them this week so ill let you know how they feel. ;)

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
Had a great weekend up in Wales this weekend, 450 mile journey all round from London and the Teg didn't skip a beat!
Had my first experience on the A40 and was really the first real time I managed to open her open her up without worrying too much about speed cameras then took a trip to Crickhowell for a friends wedding in the Manor House. Took a few snaps with the 5 in the hills

And the aftermath after I arrived home, think I need to clean it tommorrow haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
I fitted some lighting in the footwells.. I wasn't sure about it when buying as I don't want to 'cheapen' the car, but I really like it :)

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
I fitted some lighting in the footwells.. I wasn't sure about it when buying as I don't want to 'cheapen' the car, but I really like it :)
I did this over the weekend too. Wired in so it comes on when the doors open. Need to change my interior light bulb though as it's far too bright to suit the footwell ones.

ben04

Made a quick boot floor to go under the carpet, I was sick of putting stuff in the boot and it all sinking into the spare wheel well in the middle because the standard reinforced carpet is too flimsy..
Will stain it black or carpet it when I get chance!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Been unwell so didn't even get a chance to clean it this weekend :(

Did however order some parts and plan to get it booked in for more work soon ;)

New brake lines
Service (oil, filter, plugs etc gearbox etc is fine from rebuild)
Brake assessment (poss discs needed soon)
Fit Coilovers
Buy and fit front lower control bushes
New front camber bolts
Book in for full geometry setup

Also ordered some cleaning kit from my mates company car-couture so have some new shampoo, snow foam, wheel cleaner and sealant, clay bar and engine cleaner.

Good quality stuff used at JAE and was happy with results so will give more of his range a go and see how we get on.

Gordon

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Been unwell so didn't even get a chance to clean it this weekend :(

Did however order some parts and plan to get it booked in for more work soon ;)

New brake lines
Service (oil, filter, plugs etc gearbox etc is fine from rebuild)
Brake assessment (poss discs needed soon)
Fit Coilovers
Buy and fit front lower control bushes
New front camber bolts
Book in for full geometry setup

Also ordered some cleaning kit from my mates company car-couture so have some new shampoo, snow foam, wheel cleaner and sealant, clay bar and engine cleaner.

Good quality stuff used at JAE and was happy with results so will give more of his range a go and see how we get on.

Gordon

Jazazze

Not the weekend, but close enough to get my new foglight switch installed, very easily done thanks to Porthos' guide.

One day I'll find a starter button kit for sale to fill the other two holes. xthumbup

SimonJames

Advanced Member

Over last few weekends I've fitted buddyclub pro spec 3, rota force, tinted the rear lights again as previous job had faded

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr4IXynjwC0

There's like 3 seconds of sound cutout as my friend wanted their voice cut out -"Oh My GODDDD!"

Mebz

Advanced Member
Gave it a clean and sealed using poorboys ex-p sealant, ex-p is very dusty, not a fan.

Also fitted some clear side repeaters and rays center caps.

Now I need to drive and remind myself what it's all about.

Brophy

Advanced Member
Looking good mate the Poorboys sealant doesn't sound up to much.

I've never had a sealant go dusty on me, I like Angelwax's products phenomenal and bargain price also

Erm

Advanced Member
Just washed it after it got dusty sitting for about 2 weeks whilst I was away on holiday

Will give it a proper pamper next weekend