Throttle Body??? edit: TB coolant bypass??

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Ya i am thinking of getting some of that heat wrap for the rad pipe try insulate it a bit. It would be best to redirect it but i dont know where would ya get a another Rad pipe? are they easy to come accross in a scrap yard. Would need to drain all the coolant and stuff also though

Justin has correctly covered evrything here, ;)

We supply our modified RBC and true 70mm Billet TB to people who actually want it,we dont push it as a bargain group buy thing as the permitations per customer would be crazy,and you need at least K-pro anyway... It gives around 5-8 bhp over a std rbc and std TB. but when a customer wants to combine this with other mods then the cumulative bhp is considerable (see BC engine builds), and more than enough to win races ,as proven many times by Honda racers at all levels.

P.S.We took our de-tuned (cams out but Modified RBC and TB remaining) road Demo car to Nippon challenge GT250 bhp at weekend,Race 1. After a botched start :oops: in 3rd gear....and getting off the line in about 9th ,We won our class easily and made our way through the pack to third overall.

Race 2, lying 1st in class and 3rd overall, and around 7 laps to go it started to rain and a Kamikaze Subaru driver left the track and spun on the grass then rejoined the track uncontrollably (with wheels spinning and grass cutting), at 90 degrees to traffic, Hit me square on and punted me off ... :xrealangry:

Then came the "are you alright mate" :xhelp: !!!

:roll:

Paul,,

And while i am on the thread,
Dear Rodney,

I told you that you could Return your Heat Wrap for a FULL credit note,(despite the £20 odd quid postage you pressured my staff into for a Saturday AM delivery).Free postage by the way ....due to one of our staff saying he would do his best to get it out on wednesday. SO MEET ME HALF WAY,,JUST RETURN IT !

The 25% restock fee was to cover the postage whan a cash refund is done,, especially for people who want something so desperatley on Friday that my staff jump through hoops,,,then you change your mind on Saturday =D> .
You also told me a few days ago that your car was booked into Artech (good customer of ours) on Thursday ,,,so why were you pressuring my staff to the extent that they offer FREE SAT am Postage on Friday afternoon.??

We dont guarentee ANY delivery times, but for 99% of customers who are civil with us we do bend over backwards to give them the best service possible.Unfortunately we cant please every one who expects everything on demand , "My McDonalds is one minute late so I want it free",
:roll:

The tuning scene doesnt work that way matey. ;) and you are still required to return the product unused without oily fingerprints etc.before a full Credit or Refund can be issued.
Regards,
Paul,

And please ,No pie flinging,,,just send the stuff back. :)

rodney

Advanced Member
:xlol:

[-X

Simply this Paul:-

I ordered a product from you on Tuesday, as Guy said it woulld be here Thursday I booked ramp time at Artech on Friday. Artech could not fit me in for a while after that slot so I had to take it. So the BC header was fitted minus the 02 sensor and the BC manifold wrap.

When on Friday it still hadn't been delivered at that stage I thought I could be squeezed in on Saturday at Artech but appeared I couldn't when I found out late in the day, Guy offered next day (Saturday delivery) as he said "sorry mate its still in goods outwards". I didn't put any pressure on anyone.

I've heard from other people the joys of your re stocking charge :xcheers:

An item I purchased for £80 is now only worth £55, you keep insisting on the fact that I got next day delivery free, Guy/BC only did this as it was a mistake on your part, he should never have said it would be here on Thursday if there was a remote chance there wouldn't be.

I not some keeno that demands things on the spot and am laid back but what I do take offence to is asking to return a mint unused/opened product 2 days after purchase to be met with a 25% restocking fee, must be at least £25 for you to pop it back on the shelf :?

In conclusion then, YOU are not offering a FULL CREDIT as you put it, you are in fact charging me for a delivery that you OFFERED as it was your mistake :xtsk:

So if I purchased something for 2k you'll lap up the 25% restocking fee?

After me posting a comment re your return :eek: policy you've decided to assinate my character and give it the big ones, professional ? - No.

It's not how I would care to do business.

Sorry to thread crap.

Rob

Dear Rodney,
Please take the option to send it back and we will give a credit note to the full value and forget any £25 shipping cost that parcel force have charged us. :(

Every company has a returns policy on cash refunds, otherwise we could bankrupt our competitors by ordering £1 million of stock and sending it back in a month without incuring £35k shipping charges. come on mate be reasonable. :-k

It does not say on any of our sites or any adverts or any terms and conditions that we guarentee shipping times,or you can arrange other things without the parts being in your posession,and at our expense... as i said before we always do our best and we ship over 150 shipments per week with very very few issues.

I am sorry that your pre arranged A+B+C job went wrong but it is not our fault that your arrangements beyond your control went wrong, why are you not querying artech for not fitting you in when you demanded.??

Just send the product back ](*,) ....(p.s.you must call for a returns number first to make things smoother)
Best regards,
Paul,

P.S.
Dear Rodney,
Pray tell about the People(plural) that you have heard from about our re stocking fees, because to my knowledge we havnt had anyone with issues such as yours ???

Kind Regards,
Paul,
:)

rodney

Advanced Member
I didn't demand to be seen anywhere :?

I booked in with Artech as the BC parcel was due a day before I had booked in with them, they couldn't move the slot to a Saturday thus when the BC package would be with me so I went to Artech on Friday as planned hence both the 02 sim & header wrap not being fitted.

Re another person, does an s2k and 4 wheels amounting to 2k ring any bells?

By your procedure, a £500 re stocking fee :shock:

Anyway, I note your comments which I appriciate so :xcheers: for doing that and it can be put to bed.

Rob

rodney said:
I didn't demand to be seen anywhere :?

I booked in with Artech as the BC parcel was due a day before I had booked in with them, they couldn't move the slot to a Saturday thus when the BC package would be with me so I went to Artech on Friday as planned hence both the 02 sim & header wrap not being fitted.

Re another person, does an s2k and 4 wheels amounting to 2k ring any bells?

By your procedure, a £500 re stocking fee :shock:

Anyway, I note your comments which I appriciate so :xcheers: for doing that and it can be put to bed.

Rob
:lol: :lol: By jove your right Rob,Ive looked into this one,, there was ONE ocasion where Guy applied a restocking fee of £200 not £500... but let me correct you a little, The customer bought some SF wheels in Feb 09 and asked us to fit tyres, we did so (as a bespoke package they normally can not be returned at all), the lad fitted them to his car and drove round on them for a while, He decided he didnt like the width. so he sent them back used at the end of March 09. We sold him some QF wheels instead again with new tyres on 1st of April. The used SFs with used tyres are still sat in the warehouse worth a lot less than the £200 restocking fee :xcry: ,
Dont know any other company that would even offer this level of service.

Thats it now, everythings to bed and sorry for the slight hijack... :oops:

Paul,

Ok Guys,
I will try to educate you between the differences of TBs and RBCs.
Below is a photo shoot of a conversion I did today.
It explaines visually what the size differences are between OUR RBC with OUR 70mm TB and the other cheeper ones.
P.S.WE USED THIS ON OUR 300BHP TA CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING NA CAR..

First photo is the comparison between a TEGIWA RBC and BUDDYCLUB 70mm RBC.

2nd photo shows our Buddlclub 70mm TB on a Tegiwa Manifold , with a huge overlap on the flange,not good.

3rd photo shows our Buddyclub 70mm TB on a Buddyclub RBC. "nice and smooooth" :D

4th photo shows the Buddyclub 70mm TB with built in gasket 'O'Ring.No more gasket Gooooo!

5th picture shows the difference between a STD TB (or Spoon TB Body) and a Buddyclub TRUE 70mm TB.

Nice. 8) 8)

Regards,
Paul,

Armenomania

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
Ok Guys,
I will try to educate you between the differences of TBs and RBCs.
Below is a photo shoot of a conversion I did today.
It explaines visually what the size differences are between OUR RBC with OUR 70mm TB and the other cheeper ones.
P.S.WE USED THIS ON OUR 300BHP TA CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING NA CAR..

First photo is the comparison between a TEGIWA RBC and BUDDYCLUB 70mm RBC.

2nd photo shows our Buddlclub 70mm TB on a Tegiwa Manifold , with a huge overlap on the flange,not good.

3rd photo shows our Buddyclub 70mm TB on a Buddyclub RBC. "nice and smooooth" :D

4th photo shows the Buddyclub 70mm TB with built in gasket 'O'Ring.No more gasket Gooooo!

5th picture shows the difference between a STD TB (or Spoon TB Body) and a Buddyclub TRUE 70mm TB.

Nice. 8) 8)

Regards,
Paul,
Hey Paul!
Nice comparison and explanation!
I was thinking to post and ask few questions about BC RBC, but you did the explanation faster;)
I still got couple questions;)
1) In case i want to buy BC rbc, will i need to send you the one i have and you will port it, or you already got it for sale ready?
2) Doest BC RBC+BC 70mm TB worth a buy for me when im planning to stay with bolt on mods( intake,header,exhaust,rbc,kpro)
3) If i get rbc+tb before Kpro-ing my car will it cause to loose power instead of increasing?
Regards,
Armen

Armen,

I recommend K-Pro if you change either your header ,,cams,,or intake manifold ,,or TB.

All of these modifications will be improved with K-Pro and your fuel settings will be wrong if you do these mods with a standard ECU.

Our Modified RBC and TB is worth around 10-16bhp on a standard engine, we have seen 150bhp without cams on a K-Pro engine.

You can buy the Buddyclub 70mm RBC outright , no need for exchange,

Regards,
Paul,

Armenomania

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
Armen,

I recommend K-Pro if you change either your header ,,cams,,or intake manifold ,,or TB.

All of these modifications will be improved with K-Pro and your fuel settings will be wrong if you do these mods with a standard ECU.

Our Modified RBC and TB is worth around 10-16bhp on a standard engine, we have seen 150bhp without cams on a K-Pro engine.

You can buy the Buddyclub 70mm RBC outright , no need for exchange,

Regards,
Paul,
Thanks for the reply!
I checked the BC's website, but didnt find them....have you still not update the website?

Armen,

Some race developed products are not on the official BC website, they are known as P1-Racing products,which we only offer as one off group buys or regular purchases through ME.
i.e some engine mods and builds, and strut bars,and front suspension lower castor arm kits, and pillow ball full chassis kits, and race En24 long wheel studs, and modified front hubs, and under body defusers, and front splitters, and sump baffles, and roll cages, and front subframe location kits, RBC's, 70mm TB's, 70mm Air induction kits, and,and,and,and,!!!!

the list is endless. we can do any modifications to a chassis to make you faster.

Armenomania

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
Armen,

Some race developed products are not on the official BC website, they are known as P1-Racing products,which we only offer as one off group buys or regular purchases through ME.
i.e some engine mods and builds, and strut bars,and front suspension lower castor arm kits, and pillow ball full chassis kits, and race En24 long wheel studs, and modified front hubs, and under body defusers, and front splitters, and sump baffles, and roll cages, and front subframe location kits, RBC's, 70mm TB's, 70mm Air induction kits, and,and,and,and,!!!!

the list is endless. we can do any modifications to a chassis to make you faster.
Everything is clear now,Paul:D

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Hey Paul some nice products there. Can i direct my question to you about the TB coolant. Is it pointless? Thanks :)

TyperItr said:
Hey Paul some nice products there. Can i direct my question to you about the TB coolant. Is it pointless? Thanks :)
If your talking about the water that passes through the bottom of the TB, then it is essential to have it on a road car.
It controls your tick over or Idle speed and if you like "Choke" on cold running,as the TB is totally shut on idle.It is known as the IAC valve.

Paul,

Kinli

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
TyperItr said:
If your talking about the water that passes through the bottom of the TB, then it is essential to have it on a road car.
It controls your tick over or Idle speed and if you like "Choke" on cold running,as the TB is totally shut on idle.It is known as the IAC valve.

Paul,
you guys are talking about two different things here...

TB coolant bypass: fiddling with the coolant system / hoses so the coolant doesn't run by the TB, warming up the intake temps. I ran my EP3 for about 4 years with this mod. Never had a problem, and we have some proper winters here in Finland (easily -20°c - -30°c). Not a very dramatic modification, but it doesn't cost anything and at least the IAT won't rise at the TB. You should install a hondata heatshield or equal if your interested in lowering your intake temp (which is essential for gaining power). At the moment I'm running a Skunk2 intake manifold & Skunk2 70mm TB which disables both the EVAP and the TB coolant bypass. Neat.

IACV: controls air flow when TB is shut (=idle). The IACV can be replaced with a solid plate. After that you need to adjust your idle manually from the TB. You also need k-pro to disable the IACV. This mod is imo pointless on a road car. Even on a race car it's so-so as the IACV is highly adjustable with k-pro.

anyway, while we are on the subject on TBs.. I have a question.
Paul, what TPS are you using? OEM? The aftermarket ones are really bad and breaks down easily. The OEM is sold only with the TB, so the price is _HIGH_ just to get a new OEM TPS. I have gone thru a couple of aftermarket TPSs and they all seems to be the same crap internally. same crap - different sticker on top. At least Blox, omnipower and hybrid racing TPS for the K-series are rubbish. The oem has much beefier internals but they have problems too, the internal circuit board is ceramic and it is quite fragile. Breaks from engine vibrations (requires quite solid engine mounts)..

I'm using a Hybrid Racing at the moment and it is about to die on me anytime soon. It's impossible to streetune k-pro with a dying TPS..

Kinli,
Our True 70mm TBs are designed to use all the standard OEM cable cams and springs and TPS from your standard TB,
You dont need to buy or find any other add ons from any other company. It is an easy conversion if you use our 70mm RBC.

Sorry I misunderstood the water thing because I have never heard or seen the need to move any water pipes away from the TB, we run 300bhp NA on our TA engine and dont have any problem with intake temp.

We currently run 250bhp in our road demo car, we entered it in Nippon Challenge GT250 last week and won the class by an easy margin, We came 3rd overall including GT300 and Special GT classes so IMO dont waste your money on itty bitty mods that make no difference. But up to you. :?

Regards,
Paul,

Kinli

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
Kinli,
Our True 70mm TBs are designed to use all the standard OEM cable cams and springs and TPS from your standard TB,
You dont need to buy or find any other add ons from any other company. It is an easy conversion if you use our 70mm RBC.

Sorry I misunderstood the water thing because I have never heard or seen the need to move any water pipes away from the TB, we run 300bhp NA on our TA engine and dont have any problem with intake temp.

We currently run 250bhp in our road demo car, we entered it in Nippon Challenge GT250 last week and won the class by an easy margin, We came 3rd overall including GT300 and Special GT classes so IMO dont waste your money on itty bitty mods that make no difference. But up to you. :?

Regards,
Paul,
The OEM TPS is the best option for sure. it's just a pain in the arse to get it off the OEM TB. And when the ceramic circuit board breaks down (this is NOT unusual when running with uprated engine mounts (hasport, JAS etc.) you have to buy the whole TB unit to get a new OEM TPS, that's why I wondered if there is any more (better) aftermarket option available..

And no, I'm not wasting my money on anything. The TB coolant bypass mod is free, and as I said, it's not a dramatic mod, but "TypeItr" asked about it so I explaned.