THROTTLE BODY QUESTION

JT3173

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
Dc5Dub07 said:
DHL won't take my car in the back of there vans! :lol:

So as for the Throttle body, ive an RBC with the standard TB, why would i go for the BC modified TB over a "regular" 70mm one?
Hey Dub07,

JT (with new BC engine) has just posted 5bhp more than the BC demo car , the only extra mod he has done is a BC 70mm TB.

regards,
Paul,
Yep, sure did, I was very happy to hit 275.3bhp and 189 lb ft :xcheers: 8)

The engine is lovely and smooth and pulls like a train and sounds like it has a little turbo in it too.

=D> Paul and Shaun :xcheers:

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
I have an RBC on its way to me with Hondata gasket and a Mugen N1 ready to fit. Does anyone think a J's throttle body would be a worthwhile mod as i might be able to source one 2nd hand. Do you need anything else to do the conversion i.e. different/larger induction bend?

justinteg

i saw power gains with the rbc inlet bored to match the 70mm spoon throttle body with aftermarket intake on a k pro tune. :)

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
justinteg said:
i saw power gains with the rbc inlet bored to match the 70mm spoon throttle body with aftermarket intake on a k pro tune. :)
Who did the bore for you? Is it posible to do it yourself?

justinteg

yes did it our selfs with a good old fashoned dremmell !

not engineering quality workmanship but performance wise i have no complaints

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
great i think i'll be giving that a go if i get the J's. I need a dremmel for the hondata air box mod too!

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
I've got a new rbc last year, thats still sat in the box, does this mean if I get say the Toda TB or any after market bigger TB, I will need to mod the RBC?

who can do this, how long and how much would it cost approx to get the RBC modded to make good use of it?

dotty

Advanced Member
MY JDM EP3 is just shy of 250 N/A (Tdi North tuned)

Mods:

RBC
Toda header
Fujitsubo RM-01A catback
Gruppe M

I was toying with a Toda TB to try and break the '250 N/A' mark but I am thinking of going cams next year so we shall see :-k

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
dotty said:

Mods:

RBC
Toda header
Fujitsubo RM-01A catback
Gruppe M

I was toying with a Toda TB to try and break the '250 N/A' mark but I am thinking of going cams next year so we shall see :-k
you have K-Pro with that?

dotty

Advanced Member
Gaz DC5 said:
dotty said:

Mods:

RBC
Toda header
Fujitsubo RM-01A catback
Gruppe M

you have K-Pro with that?
Of course :D

deburr

Advanced Member
Hi,

If your going to buy a TB go for the Buddyclub, skunk2 or BDL TB's as they are a true 70mm (the butterfly measures 70mm). The J's, spoon and toda are between 64mm and 66mm butterfly (oem size 62.5mm). The advantage with the J's spoon and toda is that you don't have to strip your oem TB for the sensors unlike the others.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
So the true 70mm tb's don't come with sensors so you have to use the one from off the oem one? Saying that if it's not too much of a job I rather get a true sized one. What's the one Paul uses for the buddyclub demo?

deburr

Advanced Member
Paul uses a true 70mm TB, changing the sensors is easy enough but you have to get a volt reading off the throttle position sensor and dial that voltage in on the new one once you have changed it over to the new one, plus on the buddyclub one you have to use your throttle linkage off your own TB and you have to extend the wires for the maf sensor as it fits in the rbc not the TB like the oem ( 3 wires )

deburr

Advanced Member
It's a good mod when done.

The BDL TB you will still need the adaptor plate but it does have the throttle linkage and the holes in the top for the maf sensor so there's no need to extend wires

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Can't remember if Paul uses a bc one or their own creation of tb's. Interested to wait and get my rbc modded too to compliment the tb

benny

Advanced Member
so in english, if you have an rbc, and kpro, which tb gives you an extra 10 bhp?