Todays activities!

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Tara rolled up at my Joint at 8am this morning and after a few minutes fannying around with keys, we set to work!

Tasks ahead,
Remove my OEM Manifold
Remove Taras Buddy Club Manifold
Fit my OEM Manifold to Tara's car
Fit the Buddy Club Manifold to my car :D
Remove Taras Hondata KPro ECU
Fit it to mine!!! :D

WAs quite straight forward, few grazed knuckles
Few snapped studs in the OEM manifold in the CAT-Bpipe Flange
Lots of swearing
Few dropped sockets/ratchets/spanners/nuts/bolts lol
Bit of wiggling and fiddling and finally finished up about 1230

Would have been quicker if it wasnt for my fag breaks every 10 minutes, and the studs snapping. Also the BC header was a bit of a FAFF to refit, due to very close tolerances i think!

Anyway, its on, KPro is in, and it fired up first time, no probs whatsoever.

Comiserations to Tara having to drive home with OEM bits on.

My drive home however............

Well, first thing noticeable on firing her up, its alot louder than it used to be!! ALOT!! Ill get some vids up soon. Whilst moving though, the noese is phenomonal, sounds like a race car and in VTEC its got such a bark!! MMMMMMMMMM lovely!!

Driving it, theres so much more torque lower down the revs and it pulls so much harder!! ITs awesome. Feels so much stronger and it makes you realise the K series' potential.

Cant really speak much of performance increase at the moment, as due to todays gash weather, i was really struggling to get the power down even in 3rd at 3krpm!! :shock:

In short, love it, its awesome now, if you aint got it, get it!!

vtecbaby

Good lad

I would have popped over had i got out of bed at a reasonable hour of the day. But thats just fucking typical isnt it. Could have done with a fag :p

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
BC manifold really does improve the noise doesnt it 8) :D

Extra torque available low down makes such a difference too 8)

DC5TU

Advanced Member
jimmy_atr said:
BC manifold really does improve the noise doesnt it 8) :D

Extra torque available low down makes such a difference too 8)
Agreed, to both!!

Noise is insane now, sounds sooo sooo good!!

And the torque, it should be like this as std!

jimmi27

Advanced Member
I take it to get the mani off u just jacked the car up and put it on stands and most of the work is done from there? im having a right pain just remvoing one of the bolts off my head sheild as its a swine to get too!! :x . glad to hear yr enjoying it now, BC mani might be on my shopping list soon :lol:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Luckily i have the luxury of a ramp at my place of work!

DOing it with jacks and axle stands would be a nightmare id imagine!!

First i took the 4 bolts out the heatshield on top of the mani, then undid the 5 bolts/studs

then from underneath,i removed the ARB and then undid the BPipe - Cat bolts, disconnected the lambda plugs and the mounting rubber and it wiggles out.

Fit is reverse of remove obviously!

Enjoying it tenfold!! Cant begin to describe the grin!! lol

Suped

Advanced Member
Lucky git... how does it compare when going in/out of corners?? Makes for a better drive all round the rev range? :lol:

Shotgun on sat day mate!!

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Cornering is just the same as it used to be, but theres more torque to pull you out the other side a bit faster.

Havent really had chance to try it out fully as its wet and it just spins the wheels!!!

Shotgun confirmed ghostrider!!

tara

Advanced Member
Well I'm Home :( :wink: Really pleased you like it Stu and thanks for swapping all the parts over for me :D you come highly recommended :wink: cant wait till you get your last few bits and get it all mapped up 8) enjoy it mate :wink:

Mine feels great even if it has less power :D happy days.

Just off to sort my profile out again :)

vtecbaby

the monkey - hmmm, i always see it in the corner and think he is wanking until i focus on him

that sounds dodgey though, why would i want to focus on a masturbating monkey :shock:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
YOur telling me, i cant wait either, just the RBC inlet, HOndata gasket and Gruppe M to get now, and maybe some cams!! Then im grinning all the way to hell!! hahaha

Pete, your a strange child!!

BTW, you seem to be spending alot of time on here recently? Not looking to UPGRADE the DC2 already?? Or are we reading up on KSeries??? SOmething in the pipeline?

Jayk

Advanced Member
Stu, have your upgraded your internals? :lol: :lol: Seriously concerned if you have not. Its also running lean ( i know ) so you best get NASA in to map it asap. Roger that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice work mate! For me the manifold is the best mod you can do power wise to a K20A motor. And yes i bet its rather loud now!!

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
Stu, have your upgraded your internals? :lol: :lol: Seriously concerned if you have not. Its also running lean ( i know ) so you best get NASA in to map it asap. Roger that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFPMSL, steven hawking is personally coming over to map it, flying in on his private space station!

Internal wise, im planning on a balsa wood flywheel, some chicken wire valvesprings and maybe some Babybel Rods and pistons. Oh and im upgrading the oil pump to the one out of my fish tank at home! Shouldnt be too much of a problem. Once all that lots fitted!!!!!

tara

Advanced Member
:lol: like the sound of the up comimg upgrades :p

Your car sounded the nuts when i left you at the roundabout today as well 8)

Jayk

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
Jayk said:
AFPMSL, steven hawking is personally coming over to map it, flying in on his private space station!

Internal wise, im planning on a balsa wood flywheel, some chicken wire valvesprings and maybe some Babybel Rods and pistons. Oh and im upgrading the oil pump to the one out of my fish tank at home! Shouldnt be too much of a problem. Once all that lots fitted!!!!!
Mate, dont give out all your secrets. Do you think your tuner, steven hawking would recommend a balsa wood flywheel for my setup? Or wont he do anything for me? :(

DC5TU

Advanced Member
I mentioned your set up jay and he said itd be best if you transplanted a 1.0 jazz engine or something, with an NSX head and an s2000 gearbox, make it LeftWheel Drive with an LSD on the Right rear seat.

He reckons with secret mapping from the guys who know about these things, you should see 13.4 bhp at the digital airconditioning switch!

Jayk

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
I mentioned your set up jay and he said itd be best if you transplanted a 1.0 jazz engine or something, with an NSX head and an s2000 gearbox, make it LeftWheel Drive with an LSD on the Right rear seat.

He reckons with secret mapping from the guys who know about these things, you should see 13.4 bhp at the digital airconditioning switch!
:lol: :lol:

im about to die of laughter, too funny. everyone in the office is looking at me pissing myself!

yeh but stu, he aint said anything bout standard internals? :lol: