TPS Adjustment KPRO

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
It shouldn't be out by too much. When I cleaned my IACV I had my TPS off the body completely and I just put it back on. I highly doubt I got it back into it's original position 100% accurately but the car suffered no juddering or hunting etc and ran as smooth as ever. If you're really that concerned about it then get it as close as possible and take a spin down to TDI.
I dont think its far off at all really. The only problems im having is when low speeds and gently throttle its a bit jumpy. Also when i pull up to a stop and put my foot on the clutch its revs to 2000 RPM then slowly comes back down to idle at about 1200RPM.

I think going up to TDI and letting Paul have a look is best option.

Cheers for all your help chaps

Bonito

Advanced Member
Alex_Wilson said:
I dont think its far off at all really. The only problems im having is when low speeds and gently throttle its a bit jumpy. Also when i pull up to a stop and put my foot on the clutch its revs to 2000 RPM then slowly comes back down to idle at about 1200RPM.

I think going up to TDI and letting Paul have a look is best option.

Cheers for all your help chaps
That sounds like an idle/cold idle problem to me. Or the duty cycle on idle is set too high from your target idle.

Go into your Kmanager, select "Paramaters".

Have a look at what your target idle and duty cycle is setup to.

Also your idle target lambda ideally wants to be in the 14's:1 dependant on breathing mods.

Idle you want to keep as smooth as possible at a low rpm. About 950 - 1150 and then smooth it out with the duty cycle adjustment.

I'd go for 950 and if it's rough move the adjustment closer to the top. If it doesn't smooth out then go for 1000 and again smooth it out with the adjustment.

This is the table you want.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Yeah Paul said it sounds like Idle Duty.

So to do the above Bonito do i do the following.

Plug the lead into my laptop from the ECU
Load up Kmanager
Go to the page you have screen shot above
Turn the car on
Then make the adjustments as above like you say

How do i then save it all? Or does it save automatically as im adjusting it?

i just need a step by step guide how to do it lol so i dont screw it up

Alex

Bonito

Advanced Member
Parameters are quite simple. Adjusting the likes of fuel tables etc causes the car to cut out as the ECU receives the data. Adjusting your idle will be "live" and it'll adjust in front of you.

Have a look at this video. It explains how to adjust parameters. From 5 mins he talks about the idle. Adjusting your parameters wont mess with your map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIe8g9TsU9E

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
So i do this with the engine running? Then once the car is on and im happy with the adjustment i have made on K Manager do i just unplug the lead from the laptop it or is there a specific way i need to save it the adjustment i have made?

I shall have a watch of that when i get home, looks to be a good video.

I cleaned my ICV so this could be why it idles like it does as the Idle duty will be to high now the ICV spins freely.

Bonito

Advanced Member
Exactly. You can file and save it aswell seeing as TDI didn't lock the map. Then you can lock it in yourself with a simple password and if you ever want TDI to do some tweaking, simply give them the password.

As it'll be connected to the laptop, when you're done you can "safely eject usb" from your taskbar beside the clock if you really want to.

Just checking my own last map setting there. If you click settings on the top of the page, then go into lambda overlay. My minimum TPS allowance is 4% with a 0.5 second transition delay. So it never dropped to 0%. This was put in after my IACV was cleaned and I had the car mapped again.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Well tried to connect the ecu and laptop and have had no luck.

I plugged it all in turned the ignition on and on k manager it just says offline.

Does this mean the ecu is locked then?

Bonito

Advanced Member
Order shouldn't matter, it's plug & play so unless there's a connection problem it should come on. The icon on your laptop should pop up as if you'd plugged in a camera or mp3 player or printer etc.

Bonito

Advanced Member
You'll need to have a WiFi connection then to allow the ECU and your Kmanager to update to the same driver. You've to reboot after this and I can't remember if your map will be safe or not on a reboot so unless you can pull the map don't chance it.

Have you tried accessing the ECU manually without KManager? Through My Computer?

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Ok managed to connect it some of the pins were bent.

When I select to start data logging it comes up with a warning saying the calibration on the ecu is from an older version of k manager (1.3.9.0) it then goes on to say I need to upgrade the ecu calibration before data logging from it.

Can I just download the old software?

Bonito

Advanced Member
You could try looking for it in the Hondata vault but I doubt they keep older software versions.