Tried some Meguiars Plast X today.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I decided that my wind deflectors were looking very tired and cloudy and lost all shine. So i thought i'd give meguiars Plast X a try. Didnt take long to apply, i worked it in with a small buffing pad attatched to a drill. After cleaning the car and masking a few bits up i gave it a go.

I'l post a few pics below, but i'm very impressed with how they came out.

Before: Very cloudy no shine.

After: :D

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I brought the Headlight restoration kit from ebay which came with a microfibre cloth, the drill attatchment and the plast x. Think it came to about £20 but that was from america cause i dont think you can buy the actual kit in the uk, just think you can only get the plast x on its own.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you can get plastx in halfords. :?

the headlight restoration kit is also available afaik. you can buy direct from meguiars uk too.

dave7368

Advanced Member
i had these wind deflectors on my last car, but had the 5 for nearly 3 years now and still can't decide whether i want these on it!
:lol: :lol:
good effort though, it works a treat on the headlights as well...

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
C&S Evo7 said:
you can get plastx in halfords. :?

the headlight restoration kit is also available afaik. you can buy direct from meguiars uk too.
Every Halford's I have ever been in just does not stock it! its not even listed on their site... [-(

Just got mine from Speeding.co.uk for a nice £7.99 inc delivery though 8)

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Thanks for the posotive comments people, i'm pleased with the end result :) I cant say i have ever seen it in my local Halfords either.

tunwicks

Advanced Member
Cheers Porthos. Used your link to get mine too. And a couple of other products, cant beat a bit of car shopping on a sunday morning :lol:

civic17_99

Advanced Member
You can use it by hand, but i dont know how long it would take to get the same finish. That just came as a kit and was pretty cheap so i thought it was definitly worth a shot.

ladykb

Advanced Member
wow :eek: i am going to try this, i have lots of hair line scratches in my wind deflectors and the shine on those will look wicked on my NHB :D :D

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
dave c said:
Look awesome, do you think you could get a similar effect without a drill using plastx?
I used ScratchX on my headlights by hand... just involves a lot more rubbing! :D

W 70M C

Advanced Member
Hi guys....PlastX had to change its name here in the UK as there was already a product with that name. It is now PlastR-X. As its only the UK with the problem, we have to re label USA products...fun job for the warehouse boys!! That also answers the question of why the Headlight Restoration Kit is not for sale here..the packaging refers to PlastX, major bummer. We have fought with the states though and we will be getting UK packaging for the Headlight Restoration Kit \:D/ should see it in a few months!

........I work for Meguiar's if ya hadent already guessed! 8-[

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
W 70M C said:
.......I work for Meguiar's if ya hadent already guessed! 8-[
Really? get me a job there! would love to be a rep or something :D or you can sponsor my website :lol: