Tried some Meguiars Plast X today.

W 70M C

Advanced Member
Really really! :xyes:

We havent got any positions at the minute mate but i can always drop you a line should something come up (thats not an invitation for eveyone to go on that list lol)

Grov

Banned
That looks great, ive took mine off as they had almost come away, waiting to put them back on.

Also really want to do my headlights as there awful, but i can't see it working on the cloudy one. Might buy a new one, there only £156 + VAT.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Grov said:
That looks great, ive took mine off as they had almost come away, waiting to put them back on.

Also really want to do my headlights as there awful, but i can't see it working on the cloudy one. Might buy a new one, there only £156 + VAT.
It's worth a try on the cloudy one before you spend the money on a new headlight.

Grov

Banned
Yeah i might have a go, but it just keeps going cloudy, it must have a leak in the rubber seal, so no amount of polishing is going to fix it.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Grov said:
Yeah i might have a go, but it just keeps going cloudy, it must have a leak in the rubber seal, so no amount of polishing is going to fix it.
I did mine with ScratchX a while ago, still looking good!
I am buying some PlastX though to go over them with the right stuff 8)

Before and After

If your car sits in the sun all day, it will just cloud up again eventually, mine are starting to go a little bit again, but hoping the PlastX will make a proper job of it this time.

tunwicks

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Grov said:
I did mine with ScratchX a while ago, still looking good!
I am buying some PlastX though to go over them with the right stuff 8)

Before and After

If your car sits in the sun all day, it will just cloud up again eventually, mine are starting to go a little bit again, but hoping the PlastX will make a proper job of it this time.
Porthos, whats that black mesh looking thing above your headlight?

W 70M C

Advanced Member
Thats the one......try having a search for Plast-R-X the product had a name change that may be it :xconfused:

dotty

Advanced Member
My mrs has just used this stuff on my drivers side headlight, she said it has come out really well :D

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I used AG Paint renovator on my wind deflectors 6 months ago by hand and they are still really shiny. Could you use this on the headlights??!! :-k

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Hi guys....PlastX had to change its name here in the UK as there was already a product with that name. It is now PlastR-X. As its only the UK with the problem, we have to re label USA products...fun job for the warehouse boys!! That also answers the question of why the Headlight Restoration Kit is not for sale here..the packaging refers to PlastX, major bummer. We have fought with the states though and we will be getting UK packaging for the Headlight Restoration Kit \:D/ should see it in a few months!

........I work for Meguiar's if ya hadent already guessed! 8-[

I ordered mine from Megs direct at the beginning of the week and it arrived yesterday.