Two piece discs

Kevin85

Advanced Member
My car came with badly lipped discs and under my normal regime of trying to future proof items that either wear out or when I'm scratching the upgrade itch, I would like something more than oe flavour discs as the car will see lots of circuit. I would like two piece flavour, to be exact.

I'm still searching, but the only two piece discs I can find are SPD and Tarox, and both have grooves in them. I don't particularly like this style of disc, and just want a high quality plain faced disc if possible.

I'm going to email Wilwood and see if they have anything, as the only thing listed on their site is for the RSX and is a full kit.

I'm quite new, brand spanking new in fact to the Honda world, so I'm sure there are places I'm not looking that have fruitier offerings.

Can anyone add anything?

Thanks. :)

dotty

Advanced Member
Speak with TGM. AP racing have a two piece set up which I use and they're great.

HR Imports

Parts Trader
TGM's prices will be hard to beat but also look on Demon Tweeks. I was surprised at just how many discs they supply for a DC5 as they would generally be the last place I'd think of.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Nice one guys, I've emailed TGM so hopefully they'll sort me out. I'll be more than happy to stand on AP discs lap after lap. :)

I'll take a look at Tweeks now as well. You're right, they didn't even cross my mind!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
facebook message is the better than email for TGM tbh,

two piece discs with ungrooved rotors wont be easy to find. for track use you really want the grooves, if you want plain rotors you might as well run the oem ones , very important is the pad needs to be a match, not all compounds will work together,

Dotty has had his a while and will vouch for their performance, i have driven several race dc5's/hondas on track with all kinds of brake packages and until you upgrade to HUGE calipers and rotors (think BTCC spec) the TGM kit is better than most people could wish for, the oem caliper is very capable and easily as good as 4 pot calipers from spoon etc,

tico_87

Advanced Member
Might have to give TGM a call soon. going to change all four discs and pads and at this point in time i don't have a clue what to buy :xhuh:

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I was planning on getting christmas out of the way so didn't call them, but I got a reply for TGM regarding the two piece AP discs. They're around £500, and wouldn't be available until the new year anyway. Expensive, but they're a quality item and will do the job well. Be interested to know how much the discs sell for when replacement time comes.

Does anyone have any ties with TGM, if there's enough of us wanting them maybe some discount could be arranged? If you don't ask, you don't get and all that. :p

C&S Evo7 said:
facebook message is the better than email for TGM tbh,

two piece discs with ungrooved rotors wont be easy to find. for track use you really want the grooves, if you want plain rotors you might as well run the oem ones , very important is the pad needs to be a match, not all compounds will work together,

Dotty has had his a while and will vouch for their performance, i have driven several race dc5's/hondas on track with all kinds of brake packages and until you upgrade to HUGE calipers and rotors (think BTCC spec) the TGM kit is better than most people could wish for, the oem caliper is very capable and easily as good as 4 pot calipers from spoon etc,
Thanks for the info, first hand knowledge is worth it's weight in gold. The internet is vast and talks a lot.

I've got a set of 2500's to go in, as I want/need a certain amount of cold bite.

martinj46

Advanced Member
I'm just off the phone to Tom at TGM about these... The cost of the disc from AP at the moment makes this kit a really expensive option, all in the kit will cost around £675 with a 5-6 week lead time.

He did say that if there was enough interest a discount could be had from AP, but I doubt it would get down to the £500 they used to be.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It's still not a bad price for what is a decent braking setup if you think about it. Or is it just the discs you're getting for that price?

dotty

Advanced Member
martinj46 said:
I'm just off the phone to Tom at TGM about these... The cost of the disc from AP at the moment makes this kit a really expensive option, all in the kit will cost around £675 with a 5-6 week lead time.

He did say that if there was enough interest a discount could be had from AP, but I doubt it would get down to the £500 they used to be.
I'd still pay that for them..

martinj46

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
It's still not a bad price for what is a decent braking setup if you think about it. Or is it just the discs you're getting for that price?
That's the price for everything, discs, bells and all the mounting bolts.

If it wasn't for the lead time, I would probably have ordered them yesterday. I have a trackday in 4 weeks though, so will have to organise something else in the meantime

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Yelowspeed bbk?

then sell dc5 calipers to a civic owner. Cheap upgeade :)