Tyres just for a trackday.

Bonito

Advanced Member
So I've a trackday at the end of the month and I wont get my sump baffle in time so I'm not going to run my slicks. Any suggestions for a tyre for the day? I'm just going to look for part worns. My RE070's weren't the best on their last legs on my last track day.

A048's?
888's?
AD07's?

Any more suggestions?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I was thinking the same.

All the mentioned above bar the PS3 are semi slicks and therefore I wouldnt advise doing a trackday without a baffled sump fitted.

dotty

Advanced Member
Ad08s were on my car last year at Spa and the ring (twice) without a baffled sump.

I've got a Spoon sump going on next month however.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Ad08s were on my car last year at Spa and the ring (twice) without a baffled sump.

I've got a Spoon sump going on next month however.
thats good news for my wallet then for now ha

i thought a baffle was necessary with anything better than i road tyre

dc5ian

Advanced Member
if your going to drive hard with sticky tyres then i would get a baffold sump. or at least slightly overfill with oil.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
dc5ian said:
if your going to drive hard with sticky tyres then i would get a baffold sump. or at least slightly overfill with oil.
tbh honest ill probably just go for the drop in baffle, its due a service anyway

dc5ian

Advanced Member
where abouts are you, speak to tom, he welds them in.. might work out a bit cheaper.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
ok well looks like its the expensive drop in ones then lol.. i remember talking to dotty about the spoon drop in ones.. maybe he can shed a bit more light on the subject

Dan34

Advanced Member
Yeah drop in ones are the best option by the looks. Just a shame about the cost and the fact the sump isn't the easiest thing to get off on a dc5.

I'm pretty set on RSR's for the track, don't think I'll have a baffle. But I can't see me pushing it enough to worry as it'll be my first time on track in the DC5.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
ad08 might also be a good option if you can get hold of a set... road legal.. grip well..even on a damp track. tom uses them as a wet tyre..

all out dry performance id go for the a048..

Bonito

Advanced Member
I'm getting mine from Eightspeed. Happy enough with the price tbh and last I checked they're doing a savage deal on fitting which includes fresh oil + filter and the Hondabond for the sump.

dotty

Advanced Member
dc5ian said:
ok well looks like its the expensive drop in ones then lol.. i remember talking to dotty about the spoon drop in ones.. maybe he can shed a bit more light on the subject
The ones TGM had made up were based on the Spoon baffled sump.

TGM can no longer get them so recommend the drop in baffle from 'clockwise' but eigjtspeed etc will also sell the same ones.

I got hold of a Spoon sump recently which will be fitted next month before the pilgrimage to Nürburgring.