Tyres just for a trackday.

brucey87

Advanced Member
I got the tegiwa one. I got charged £100 to have it welded in. May sound expensive but alloy welding is not easy to do.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
I got the tegiwa one. I got charged £100 to have it welded in. May sound expensive but alloy welding is not easy to do.
i know its a shame as we only do steel welding in my work lol, but with a drop in baffle for £200, the weld in item doesnt seem worth the hassle then

dotty

Advanced Member
Personally I'd have bought a drop in baffle if I didn't source my spoon one at the last minute, you can buy spoon ones new for about £400 which is pretty expensive for what it is!

mike.williams

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Personally I'd have bought a drop in baffle if I didn't source my spoon one at the last minute, you can buy spoon ones new for about £400 which is pretty expensive for what it is!
paying for the make, if i could justify it i would buy the spoon one no probs, was yours new or used?

sorry to drift off topic so much.

to stay on topic choice is up to you for tyres depending whats available, me pesonally i push hard on track and wouldnt want to risk oil starvation so i'd be looking for a set of toyo t1r's used, or eagle f1's.

ran toyos and continentals on track both road tyres and the toyos are much more rigid. conti's have to much flex in the side wall

dotty

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:

paying for the make, if i could justify it i would buy the spoon one no probs, was yours new or used?

sorry to drift off topic so much.

to stay on topic choice is up to you for tyres depending whats available, me pesonally i push hard on track and wouldnt want to risk oil starvation so i'd be looking for a set of toyo t1r's used, or eagle f1's.

ran toyos and continentals on track both road tyres and the toyos are much more rigid. conti's have to much flex in the side wall
I mean I'd buy the clockwise one on recommendation from many. Also Tom says they're the best ones to buy.

I got mine new at a price I couldn't ignore ;)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't want to find out so I fitted a CW drop in when I rapped wheels with the RSRs

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
on my recent track day i just used my normal road tyres (goodyear eagle f1 aysmetric 2's) they preformed very well at brands!

redcap

Advanced Member
My AD08's were very good on track, i'd imagine that A048's or R888's would be even better so any of these will fit the bill for track only use but they are all road legal I believe so you could use them on the road too if you wanted to.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I will be using some Potenza RE070 225/17/45 when my falkens 912s are finished some people have said I will suffer handling issues like tram lining ? I have tried these tyres out on ollydc5s car on the twisty wet roads from Donington without a problem .

Bonito

Advanced Member
RE070's are a savage tyre and I never had any problems with mine. However when they're worn, they're worn. They're not a tyre you can push on until they're bald. Their performance is more or less gone when they're nearing the wear indicator. Especially in the wet.

They take nicely to a degree of camber.

Justintian

Advanced Member
Second to the drop in baffle kit, it is really not worth the hassle of welding one on the aluminium sump...£220 I heard the price is up a bit now for clockwise one?

Kellsled

Advanced Member
I bought a weld in one just fitted it a few days ago, had one on my last teg so opted for the Same design. I bought a clockwork drop in aswell going to have to sell it now and use the money for something else.
Depends how hard your going to push on track, my r888 wernt enough on my car in the end I needed full slicks if I was to get my times down any more but mine was an all out race car. In my case I was running oil cooler,koyo rad,big brakes with high temp race fluid/clutch fluid and baffle sump as bare minimum as all your fluids on track take a beating