Ulez tax and living in london

athenian

andrewv4 said:
Quick update, send tfl a scanned copy of your mot and v5 document if your car is coming up as having to pay the ulez charge and they will only update your car. I asked if they can change the database for all Dc5's and they said they could not and that every individual owner would have to register their own car.
Just to confirm, you managed to get tfl to exempt you from ULEZ? What reg is your car and what tax band has it been imported as?

My car initially was exempt from ULEZ but I've double checked again after this post and now it isn't which I find that weird. I have a Y reg (2001) DC5 recorded as PLG which shows no record of emission levels on my logbook.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Any news on a template letter so we can all just fill the necessary details and send the forms off please?

andrewv4

Sorry guys I've been in Canada the last 2 weeks. There is no cover letter. If you go on the ulez website and type in your reg,when the next page loads up go to the section that says enquery it has a section where you can send them document evidence.

Torque GT

Parts Trader
Through the trade association that we're members of, this is being discussed with the relevant government authorities currently. We'll update on here when we have some news to report.

athenian

Torque GT said:
Through the trade association that we're members of, this is being discussed with the relevant government authorities currently. We'll update on here when we have some news to report.
Sounds good, please do let us know if you find anything. I was thinking to contact you guys to see whether you know anything, I imported my DC5 2 years ago from you.

Daryldc5owner

Torque GT said:
Have we got an update at all on this?

Torque GT

Parts Trader
Daryldc5owner said:
Have we got an update at all on this?
As far as we know at the moment cars after 1/1/2006 are exempt but those before have to prove compliance. Proving compliance will be tricky as no manufacturer approved data exists as CO2 isn't a standard used in Japan. So a UK EP3 will be ok as it meets Euro 4 and that can be proven but a JDM EP3 would fail as even though if meets the same standard there is no approved confirmation of this.

matt_hodgson

I went for a last blast around central London early Sunday morning with nostalgic a tear in my eye - has always been a pleasure when the roads are quiet. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be any mechanism to prove compliance for a car imported from Japan. I'm supportive of the efforts to reduce pollution though, and I suppose I can still treat myself if I fancy it.

skengdR

Advanced Member
Went to London 2 weekends ago , please forgive my ignorance because I do not really know London in terms of east , west , central , etc .

Anyways , I received a letter today informing me of a warning notice for driving in the ULEZ , no fine this time luckily.

This must be a pain in the ass for some of you dc5 owners

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skengdR

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Mines exempt. 2007 registration date though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Sorry for my ignorance but please explain what a 2007 registration date is or means ? I know the cars stopped production in 2006 so how does a car qualify for a 2007 registration ?

For example does this mean your car is an 01 or 03 but you imported / registered in 2007 ?

If so could other DC5 owners just re - register ( is this even possible ? ) . Registration is just your number / license plate right ?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
Sorry for my ignorance but please explain what a 2007 registration date is or means ? I know the cars stopped production in 2006 so how does a car qualify for a 2007 registration ?

For example does this mean your car is an 01 or 03 but you imported / registered in 2007 ?

If so could other DC5 owners just re - register ( is this even possible ? ) . Registration is just your number / license plate right ?

No. My car was originally registered in 2007 in Japan.lt was imported in 2017. I believe there are 2 January 2007 registered cars, just the last ones sold before they stopped.

Registration is done by Chassis number. The reg plate it just an easier way of identifying It, but no, you can't reregister

skengdR

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
No. My car was originally registered in 2007 in Japan.lt was imported in 2017. I believe there are 2 January 2007 registered cars, just the last ones sold before they stopped.

Registration is done by Chassis number. The reg plate it just an easier way of identifying It, but no, you can't reregister

Thanks for the info , I am going to speak to some mechanics I know that do a lot of MOTs and ask them for advice . I will share if I find out anything good .

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I contacted ulez and got this,

So how do I get it changed like one have as I doubt Honda will reply providing the letters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I contacted ulez and got this,

So how do I get it changed like one have as I doubt Honda will reply providing the letters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think you're able to.. I remember someone on Facebook mentioned they tried contacting Honda UK and had no luck

carl hammond

Advanced Member
mikey_t8 said:
Don't think you're able to.. I remember someone on Facebook mentioned they tried contacting Honda UK and had no luck
Someone here managed to have theirs changed somehow so may send a copy of mot and emissions or something

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Someone here managed to have theirs changed somehow so may send a copy of mot and emissions or something
Oooooooo.. thats interesting.. keep us updated.. I have two that needs doing if that's successful

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
Any news on this ?

I'm starting to look at maybe swapping over and getting a evo now as some of then comply with this ulez crap!