Visit your community yesterday at Japfest

SoniQske

Hello,

I'm Wesley from Belgium and speak with a guy yesterday at Japfest about my DC5 and my other cars. He said to me to post them here so here they come......img_0424.jpgimg_0427.jpg

gaza4

Advanced Member
love that 32, its one of the only other cars apart from my DC5 i'd love to own!!!

SoniQske

Thanks, i like it also. Him and my DC5 are still in my possession. Allmost a classic car here in Belgium.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi Wesley, it was me you were chatting too. :) great conversation about you're previous car, and current car history. Very clean looking cars buddy :)

Love the EK9,...I left japfest with a rather annoying thought about selling up for one. Hmmmm haha

We shall see. But hopefully you can sort out your rear type R badge too. :) any help you need, you will find it on this forum. Glad you had a nice time at Japfest

James

Rom

Advanced Member
Very nice collection!

Jimmer i was close to buying an EK9 before the DC5. Ive wanted one since I was a teenager. I still do. But I read so much from owners saying they need more power. I couldnt B18 or Kswap one, would ruin the prestige of it imo.

SoniQske

Thanks James, you to for the info from the brake callipers and badge 👍 i bought also new stickers for the side of the car with Tegiwa (stupid from me because the Honda dealer here in Belgium had they probably also).

Like Rom say, the EK9 is not so fast under the 6.000rpm 😞 but the feeling when V-TEC is kicking in is more agressive then with the K20A engine.

Sorry for the bad English of me.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Very nice collection!

Jimmer i was close to buying an EK9 before the DC5. Ive wanted one since I was a teenager. I still do. But I read so much from owners saying they need more power. I couldnt B18 or Kswap one, would ruin the prestige of it imo.
Yeah, I wouldn't be able to engine swap one either. Im not sure if power would be an issue for me, id have to drive one to find out, but I imagine it would make up for it in feedback and on the twisties.

Who knows. One day. :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
SoniQske said:
Thanks James, you to for the info from the brake callipers and badge 👍 i bought also new stickers for the side of the car with Tegiwa (stupid from me because the Honda dealer here in Belgium had they probably also).

Like Rom say, the EK9 is not so fast under the 6.000rpm 😞 but the feeling when V-TEC is kicking in is more agressive then with the K20A engine.

Sorry for the bad English of me.
No worries, your English is probably better than some on here at times. :)

I have copied how I did my calipers from my build thread, any questions just ask buddy :)

Brakes were starting to look abit shabby so I a few daus of freedom I had I set to work prepping them for painting. I was going to get them done properly so figured giving it ago myself wouldn't hurt before. As it happens they came out great :D Happy days.

Before:

Cant beat a bit of Jizer to clean off brake dust and grime......

Masking up took ages btw. Lol

After:

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Would love an ek9 myself James. There was one on track yesterday embarrassing an Audi S4 amongst others and I just love how something so small can hold its own so well with cars twice its size. I'm with Rom too. As much as the B18 should have been the engine this car came with, taking the original would be sacrilege.
An ek9 kept original and then a cheaper civic shell with a b18 or K20 for track work would be ideal but that's just being greedy!
Nice cars btw OP. Welcome to the forum :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I have many photos of it on track haha. I wanted one years ago, but opted for an ej9 coupe as the insurance / price was all much more affordable. Then 7 years ago I went EP3 route and preferd the modern feel for a while, which inturn made me lust after the 5. But the ek9 has still caught my eye, and I do still have a soft spot for them... Following one home for 1 hour yesterday really made me think what if. Ideal world id have both, but for now I haven't finished with the Teg.

Keep us posted with how you get on with your DC5 Wesley :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
They're very raw. I'm going to put it out there and say the b series is a better engine, for me personally it is. I think they can take a hammering more than a K series and they also sound better, my opinion of course. If my B20 engine had been built and not in a rush and if the car itself was better I'd have kept it. Miss it loads, wish I'd pumped money into it and got it the way I wanted as it would have made a hell of a weapon, especially on track.