Want to buy a DC5

flick

well steered back ;)

Just out of interest what is the benefit if any of bringing the car through ireland as a "personal import", sadly year or so off being a positio to buy put just doing some reseach in the mean time. Anyone reakon its worht picking up a DC2 to practiceon till i can afford the full monty ?

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Anyway, back on topic: Any other helpful things about oil and/or ownership?
Yeah .. you need to use oil mate.. hope that helps :lol:

I agree with the last caller, That not all DC5's drink a lot of oil.. If anyone knows me and the way I like to drive my car (inside VTEC, its the only way to drive) and my oil doesn't move that much. I check it every week and I cannot remember when I last had to top it up.

So I reckon as well that the looser the engine MAYBE the less oil it uses...

Now back to the football.. :wink:

flick

Unnamed_warrior is that graphic on your pic standard ? looks great not unsubtle but then i think the car can carry it well ;)

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Flick

It's not standard, I had it put on.. not cheap thou, £90 for both sides plus a £10 for him to stick the thing on, but he has done a pucker job plus the sticky quality is really nice..

UW

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Nah they SHOULD come off without any problems, just like any other sticker... of course if it was on there for years then I guess there might be some colour different between the car and whats under the sticker..

But as I wont be taking them off I am not bothered..

Glad you like them .. you can see them in a couple of weeks if you are going to the Ace Cafe meet

UW

flick

There will be air marshalls on it next :) anyone any thougths on the rest of my post ? re ireland and DC2's ?

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
flick,

Don't know nothin' about importing through Ireland.

DC2 is fine but it's really not a DC5 - about the only things in common are 'Integra' and VTEC. The DC5 is designed from the ground up as a track car to take on the road whilst the DC2 is a road car improved for the track. I'm not decrying the DC2 (nor for that matter the CTR) but they really are worlds apart from a DC5.

Now, about those air marshalls...

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
hmm would say that a DC2 feels more of a track built car than the DC5.

Both have good points, both great cars :D

both integras use lots of oil :cry:

Rob

T666YPR

I've owned two DC2's an S2000 and a Civic EK4 1.6 Vti and none of them have ever used any oil between services! :? :) :D That being said,I've had them all from new and never done more than 11000 miles in any of them. :)

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
I know what you're saying Rob - That the DC2 is hairier to drive, a bit more extreme but that is my point. I (and it may only be I) think that designing a car for the road then adding a mental screamin' v-tec and then tweaking suspension and brakes to keep it in check made the original, great fun to drive though it is, more testing. In my humble opinion, because it was track-derived from the outset the DC5 is a more balanced piece of kit, making the experience of driving it less of a strain and allowing one to get greater performance out of it.

I agree they are both great models and each has its pros and cons - All I was suggesting in my earlier comment is that the two models are very different animals.

Actually, since they stopped using double wishbones for the front suspension on both the DC5 and EP3, ultimately on track it is less capable than other Hondas using the double wishbone (for ex the new Euro-R).

ps2london

Advanced Member
Hatchback Michael said:
Actually, since they stopped using double wishbones for the front suspension on both the DC5 and EP3, ultimately on track it is less capable than other Hondas using the double wishbone (for ex the new Euro-R).
i like double wishbone, maybe hard to included at 16k price.

ash005

lots of ctr owners are using a lot of oil

my ctr has 45K on it and it seems to fluctuate as to how much oil it uses

i drove it for three weeks after filling it up with no loss - did about 3K miles

wife drove it for following three weeks used shedloads! - did about .2k

makes no sense

stanwan, on one forum, has sh***ed his engine through lack of oil - honda wont do anything due to his mods

he's looking at a 6K rebuild :shock:

ash..

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
ash005 said:
my ctr has 45K on it and it seems to fluctuate as to how much oil it uses

i drove it for three weeks after filling it up with no loss - did about 3K miles

wife drove it for following three weeks used shedloads! - did about .2k
Errrmmm, I wouldn't want to draw any conclusions here....... :xlol:

But as with any performance car that is driven hard, very regular (even daily) oil checks won't go amiss. :idea: